Location of model/serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of model/serial number

How can i determine the model and year of my cart. The tag seems to have been removed. Are there any other identification methods??
    Attached Files

to GCF!
    Based on the photo it is DS model between 1982 and 2000.
    What voltage is the cart 36v or 48v?
    The serial number should be just under the glove box on the passengers side of the cart. The first 2 numbers (not letters) indicate the year of manufacture.
    Your serial plate should be here:
    Attached Files
    Updated by dougmcp; January 13, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks Doug. It is supposed to be late 90"s but the tag you refered to has been removed. Maybe removed when it was repainted. Any other way to identify it?

Comment

Posted earlier by gerryl42 View Post
        How can i determine the model and year of my cart. The tag seems to have been removed. Are there any other identification methods??
        the tag should be on the passenger side under the glove box and if its gas begins with AG or A if electric. The 2 numbers following the AG/A are the last 2 numbers of the model year. Example=AG98 is 1998 Gas.There are no other tags on the cart that Ive ever seen. There are numbers on the engine block if its gas but those are kawasaki numbers. usually the tags are always there.

Comment

Thanks Doug. It is supposed to be late 90"s but the tag you refered to has been removed. Maybe removed when it was repainted. Any other way to identify it?
          None that I know of, they are pretty well all the same with a few changes throughout the run.
          Before 1993 the rear body was fiberglass and the front was plastic and it was changed to ArmorFlex through the balance.
          The rear axle changed in the mid 90's from Kawasaki to Graziano and there were some motor changes and steering changes in that time as well.
          Are you having any problems now?
          Is the cart 36v or 48v? 48v was not available until 1995.
          Updated by dougmcp; January 13, 2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

That looks like a perfect cart for you! Matching trailer and everything!
            Regards

Comment

Doug: it is 36v. checked batteries yesterday and had four of them low on fluid. I had been noticing i was getting only about 13 or 14 holes before it ran weak. That would probably do it. lol. I added fluid and put back on the charger so am hoping that will help. sure wont hurt!! Just bought it last weekend and used it once. i'm afraid when i bought it i just took the guys word for it. he said he wasn't sure but thought it was late 90's model. Also said batteries were only 14 months old. hmmmm

Comment

remove seat and take a photo of wiring behind batteries if you can post that i should be able to tell if its 1980s or 90s.batteries should have a\sticker or could be stamped on top of posts,Wayne

Comment

if it warms up a little today i'll take some pics. thanks
                  Updated by gerryl42; January 14, 2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                    That looks like a perfect cart for you! Matching trailer and everything!
                    Matches my truck too. Thats why i bought it. LOL
                    Updated by gerryl42; January 14, 2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

After filling with water you may want to charge it every day for a few days to see if they will come up to what you need.
                      Get out your voltmeter and measure each battery.
                      1) After charging and resting overnight.
                      2) After the batteries get weak.
                      That will highlight any battery issues you may have.
                      You don't have to disconnect anything to check the voltages.

There is a state of charge chart located here for your reference: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...rge-chart.html

Comment

if it warms up a little today i'll take some pics. thanks
                        I see in your avatar picture, that is awesome
                        Regards

Comment

Thanks for the info Doug. I just done a voltage check (didn't have digital readout) but they all checked ok but did indicate "low". I ran it around for 25 or 30 mins and hooked back up to charger. Didn't know terminals could be still hooked up so undone them. I should have cleaned them all but it was cold and windy so didn't do that yet. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Doug: it is 36v. checked batteries yesterday and had four of them low on fluid. I had been noticing i was getting only about 13 or 14 holes before it ran weak. That would probably do it. lol. I added fluid and put back on the charger so am hoping that will help. sure wont hurt!! Just bought it last weekend and used it once. i'm afraid when i bought it i just took the guys word for it. he said he wasn't sure but thought it was late 90's model. Also said batteries were only 14 months old. hmmmm
                            Doug or Matti: one battery (the first on in the series) was good on fluid but didnt test good. Can I just replace the one? I know they say to replace all at once but with the rest testing good would it be worth replacing the failing one??

Comment

Doug or Matti: one battery (the first on in the series) was good on fluid but didnt test good. Can I just replace the one? I know they say to replace all at once but with the rest testing good would it be worth replacing the failing one??
                              Depends on how old the rest of the pack is. But if the pack is over 3 years old, I would get ready to invest in a whole new pack anyway. Putting 1 new battery in with old ones will have a negative effect on the whole pack. Try asking your local dealer if they have a good used battery.
                              Regards

Comment

Ideally you should replace all but in reality you can do just one.
                                Don't buy a new battery, try and get a used one that is the same manufacturer and age as the ones you have now. Test it for quality and you should be good to go.

You can probably pick up a used one from your local cart repair place.
                                The date code on your batteries should be either stamped into the negative post or on the top or side of the batteries.

Comment

The batteries are "supposed" to be only 14 mos old but are some off brand. Going to the mfg website i think they have gone out of business. All products show as out of stock. The date stamp on top of batteries has never been punched out. Think i've been had!! Thanks again for your help.

Comment

if you look at the rear it seems to have the factory black wheel well flairs that came on the earlier carts. i think but can not say for sure but i think that was '92 or before. i know in '96 they were changing over to the carts with the controllers in them
                                    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
                                    sigpic

Comment

The batteries are "supposed" to be only 14 mos old but are some off brand. Going to the mfg website i think they have gone out of business. All products show as out of stock. The date stamp on top of batteries has never been punched out. Think i've been had!! Thanks again for your help.
                                      I don't think you've been had yet, if they are true deep cycle batteries, they are only made by a handful of manufacturers, post up a photo and the info on the battery and I'll see if I can find out who made it and what you have.

If they are 14 months old (still pretty new), either get a used battery from one of the local golf cart repair houses or just get a new one from Sam's or Costco.

Comment

I just returned from running a voltage check on them after putting them on the charger yesterday. All 6 batteries had reading of 6.36 or 37. You did say they can be tested without taking cables off didn't you?? Would seem that being connected would give average thru the series as opposed to individual readings.

Comment

I just returned from running a voltage check on them after putting them on the charger yesterday. All 6 batteries had reading of 6.36 or 37. You did say they can be tested without taking cables off didn't you?? Would seem that being connected would give average thru the series as opposed to individual readings.
                                          You did fine testing the way you did. Unfortunately if you had those readings on fully charged batteries, they are weak. Not yet too bad, but weak.
                                          Regards

Comment

When you take a voltage reading, the only thing measured is what is between the probes on the meter. If you measure the #1 battery it should read in the 6.37v range like you found, #1 & #2 together should be 12.74 etc. Try it and see what I mean.
                                            As far as your battery condition, as Matti said 37v is weak and 38.2v is considered a full charge.
                                            Now you can drive the cart for a hour or so and take the voltage readings again, if you have a bad battery it should show up as the one with the extra low voltage. It will probably be down in the 5.8v to 6.0v range.

Comment

Another thing to look at.
                                              Once you have charged up the batteries and let sit for several hrs all of them should be with in a few digit of each other. So if you have 6 batteries and you check them and 5 of them read as follows then # 6 battery is needing some help.
                                              #1=6.37
                                              #2=6.37
                                              #3=6.35
                                              #4=6.36
                                              #5=6.36
                                              #6=6.30

I like them to be less than 5 apart on my packs.
                                              Also if you have any kind of accessaries hooked to 2 of the 6 volts and they read way lower then you need to equalize them.
                                              If you have the lights hooked to say battery #3 and #4 and after a charge they read 6.00 then you need to get them on a 12 volt charger and get them back up to where the rest are. These 2 batteries are being sucked down further because of the extra load the lights put on them. They never get a full charge. After several of these kinds of dischargers they will effect the rest of the batteries by boiling them to try and get the 2 low ones back up.
                                              sigpic
                                              I'm here to help!
                                              There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Finally got the pics taken that 3094 duke wanted. Also pic of the batteries. Hope they are clear enough for some identification. (I'm not a good photographer either)
                                                Attached Files

Comment

(I'm not a good photographer either)
                                                  No **** I thought i was back in the 70's

Comment

Finally got the pics taken that 3094 duke wanted. Also pic of the batteries. Hope they are clear enough for some identification. (I'm not a good photographer either)
                                                    Yes thanks, but yes it is hard to read!!! Try to push the cart outside into the sunlight, and stand farther back and take the pictures, if you need a close up, use the camera's zoom feature rather than bending over and getting all close.
                                                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                    X