Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger Primary Circuit

Andy
    question on the jumping of the charger Charger will not come on when jumped and circuit breaker jumped also.

Looking at the schematic you have the AC plug, from there one wire goes to the circuit breaker from the circuit breaker to a TAN transformer wire, the other wire from the AC plug goes to a connection and then to a TAN transformer wire. If you have a power cord you could hook it to the two tan wires going to the transformer, use a screwdriver to feel for magnetism and or listen for the transformer hum if nothing then the primary of the transformer is bad. You can try the screwdriver test using the existing power cord first just in case the transformer is a quiet one.

There is nothing else in the circuit that could cause a problem this is a direct connection.

You can also put your OHM meter across the Two TAN wires and check for resistance if nothing then open primary on the transformer.
    Attached Files
    Updated by gaminde; January 8, 2012, 11:54 AM.

I'll try it and see. I think it's a waste but I'll try it. The guy said it was under the back seat and out of the weather. I don't know how people think that but. Hey if it doesn't work I have another dc cord for a adapter. Thanks
    Updated by andy4639; January 8, 2012, 11:59 AM.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X