Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New T-1275 Trojan Batteries gurgling....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T-1275 Trojan Batteries gurgling....

I heard a couple of the batteries gurgling last night. They are new Trojan T-1275s. I hope this does not mean the charger is bad. I felt of the sides and end of the batteries, there weren't any bulges. The sides also felt cool. No wetness on the top of the battery either.

The charger is a Power Drive II. It indicated an initial charge (on the gauge)
    of 12-15 amps, then dropped back to around 5-8 amps.

The only oddity is the gurgling or "boiling" sound. Brand new batteries and they have plenty of water in them.

Posted earlier by sacfo View Post
    I heard a couple of the batteries gurgling last night. They are new Trojan T-1275s. I hope this does not mean the charger is bad. I felt of the sides and end of the batteries, there weren't any bulges. The sides also felt cool. No wetness on the top of the battery either.

The charger is a Power Drive II. It indicated an initial charge (on the gauge)
    of 12-15 amps, then dropped back to around 5-8 amps.

The only oddity is the gurgling or "boiling" sound. Brand new batteries and they have plenty of water in them.
    I would say normal. It's caused from the degassing process.
    2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Erict is correct, the charger goes into an equalization stage for the last few hours and puts the batteries over 2.5v per cell which will cause off-gassing (boiling).
      It is normal, do not overfill your batteries and let the charger finish it's cycle.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X