06 club car turf 2 iq+ problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 club car turf 2 iq+ problem

hi i am new to this site. iam a mechanic at a golf course in central ohio. i need HELP. i have an 06 turf2 carryall iq+. my problem is intermittent, and has been going on for sometime now. the cart will run for about 10 or 15 minutes then it acts like it is dead. even after sitting overnight on the charger. I have replaced the mcor, along with a blown fuse I found. ran fine for about 2 wwks,then same problem arose checked the fuse it is fine. pulled it into the shop checked volts, water levels, wires, all connections, breakers and relays. everything checked out okay. put it all back together and plugged in the charger now the cart will not charge nor does the charger kick on. I know that there has to be something i am mising any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Do you have another charger to try on that cart to eliminate the charger as a problem?

Comment

yes we do i havent had the time to. they are at our proshop and i am a lone mechanic let me try that tommorrow and get back with you. thanks

Comment

Post up when you have a chance to see if the charger work/doesn't work.
        The wiring diagrams and service manuals for the cart and the charger are in the resource section, you will need 5 posts before they are viewable to you.

Oh and BTW to GCF!
        Updated by dougmcp; December 12, 2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by thechestiemech View Post
          hi i am new to this site. iam a mechanic at a golf course in central ohio. i need HELP. i have an 06 turf2 carryall iq+. my problem is intermittent, and has been going on for sometime now. the cart will run for about 10 or 15 minutes then it acts like it is dead. I think I have some trouble shooting info for this unit, it is a bit different than a standard IQ cart it has a different controller.

even after sitting overnight on the charger. were you sure the charger was coming on

I have replaced the mcor, along with a blown fuse I found. why the mcor because it stalled and and you thought it was the switch that actuates the solenoid, was the solenoid clicking when the problem happened, is it clicking now. and what fuse was blown this should give some hint as the area of the problem.

ran fine for about 2 wwks,then same problem arose checked the fuse it is fine. pulled it into the shop checked volts, water levels, wires, all connections, breakers and relays. everything checked out okay. put it all back together and plugged in the charger now the cart will not charge nor does the charger kick on.What did you take apart this is where you would start.

I know that there has to be something i am mising any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
          The obc does control both of the problems your having.

With your charger plugged in find the grey (center) wire from the back of the charge receptacle it goes to the OBC unplug this wire from the OBC, (if it does not unplug from the OBC look for a fuse link on this wire) and ground this wire to the -48 volt pack the charger should kick on.

now you have a couple of things to do.

Also go to my site look under Manuals and there is a sheet on testing the IQ+ let me know if you find it
          Updated by gaminde; December 13, 2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

gaminde- yes i am sure the charger was coming on
            as far as replacing the mcor yes it did stall, and no the solenoid was not clicking. after i replaced the part it did click and the cart ran fine for awhile.
            the fusee that was blown was an inline buss fuse. the one on the grey wire. i have checked it since being replaced and the fuse is still good.
            As far as taking any thing apart I only took off the battery wires to clean the terminals and thhe wires, and iam sure they are all oin correctly. thank youfor your help i will ground that wire tommorrow and check out your site

Comment

Ok here is a thought

1.the fuse on the grey wire turns the charger on and off
              2.things that can cause this fuse to burn
              a. short on gray to red wire at receptacle, in charger, or receptacle itself
              b. short on gray to black wire at receptacle.
              c. bad relay in charger
              d. bad obc
              3 if one of the shorts happened it could have taken out the OBC.
              The grey wire is taken high +48 volts when charger is plugged in; red wire through charger and out through grey wire, then after a few seconds it goes low pulled low by obc and charger is turned on. Some of these tests are on my site under the charger section one is obc_gw_test and the other is obc_or_charger
              Updated by gaminde; December 13, 2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Have you tried the other charger yet?
                There's a complete charger manual here on this site: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...accupower.html

Comment

dougmcp- no i havent tried the other chargers because they are 36 volt chargers and this is a 48 volt charger.

Comment

okay so the charger is ok. but the obc is out. thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated

Comment

Ok did you run the tests and find this out or?
                      Let us know what you did; so we can help others with similar problems.

Comment

yes i did run your tests to find this out. i ran all the tests

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X