Cart Lurches at start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart Lurches at start

84 Club Car Electric Recent Purchase. Previous owner replaced batteries soleniolds and speed controller. Car charges well and is very fast and has good hill climbing torque. To prevernt a lurching start one must slowly press the foot peddle until a medium speed is reached and then let the car accelerate to full speed. How can I resolve the lurching problem and just be able to mash the foot peddle and let the cart manage the acceration?

Thanks - Greg

to GCF Greg.
    It's rare that anyone complains about too much throttle response. Is your 1984 cart still a 36v cart with 5 micro switches and 5 solenoids or has it had any modifications done to it like a controller conversion or 48v upgrade?
    Is the cart lifted with large tires?

Comment

Hi Greg, I think that the low speed solenoid is not functioning, or one of the micro switches powering that one.
      Regards

Comment

Does it have a new belt? Mine (gas, not electric) would give you whiplash until the belt seated in, now it is still a tiny bit jerky but I believe that is because a gas engine has to rev a bit before enough torque is available to activate the clutch mechanism. DC motors have torque available from the 'git-go' so there is no threshold issue with them.
        Gimpy

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
          to GCF Greg.
          It's rare that anyone complains about too much throttle response. Is your 1984 cart still a 36v cart with 5 micro switches and 5 solenoids or has it had any modifications done to it like a controller conversion or 48v upgrade?
          Is the cart lifted with large tires?
          36v with new solenoids and 2 coils on top. one coil wound tight and one not.

Comment

Your cart should have 5 speed micro switches, 5 solenoids and 4 cois to control your speed.
            You could have a shorted micro switch or 2.
            If you are missing some switches, solenoids or coils, they have been deleted or bypassed and that is what is taking your cart to a higher speed at the beginning.
            There is a wiring diagram but you will need to get to 5 posts before you can view them.

Comment

thanks for all the help. the cart only has 2 coils and they are very thick. i have ordered the stock coil set up. thanks again.

Comment

Let us know after you get the new coils installed if it fixed your problem.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X