no go after new solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no go after new solenoid

My dad bought a used Club Car 2003 AB0337-xxxxxx. It seem like there is a saftey device or switch that sticks. Batteries are charged -- when you press the accelorator you can hear a clicking sound like it is going to start moving but it won't. You may press the accelorator 10 to 20 times then all of a sudden it will operate and will be fine for a while. it makes no difference if you are putting it in forward or reverse it is the same. Eventially it stopped working at all. Using general electical trouble shooting, I found there was no power getting past the solenoid. So, he ordered one and replaced it. Now, it still doesn't work. He also said the battery charger wont work but the batteries are showing a charge.

from the back of the charge receptacle, follow the grey wire it goes to the OBC, unplug from OBC and touch the unplugged end to the -48 volt battery pack, charger should be plugged in and should kick on. The two problems your having sound like bad OBC another test is on the solenoid put your volt meter on the two small leads and step on the go pedal you should see 48 volts if not the two symptoms point to OBC. let us know what the results are on the above two tests we will go from there.
    Updated by gaminde; November 13, 2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

its a 36V unit... is it the same? If so, u want me to touch the grey wire from the OBC to the negitive end of the battery array?

Comment

BTW ... what does OBC stand for?

Comment

Posted earlier by millerchadj View Post
          BTW ... what does OBC stand for?
          On Board Computer.
          Updated by erict; November 13, 2011, 06:28 PM.
          2005 CC Precedent

Comment

If its 36 volts then
            there forget everything I said

Comment

well... we got the solenoid working. We found the green wire from the speed controller was not connected back up with to the solenoid. Now the cart will drive but the charger will not charge. Still need some help.

Comment

This is an interesting post, I did not know they made a 36 volt regen unit. Also the older units would run without speed sensor connecticut. Even on the newer units it will not stop them from running.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
                  This is an interesting post, I did not know they made a 36 volt regen unit. Also the older units would run without speed sensor connecticut. Even on the newer units it will not stop them from running.
                  You are correct, there was no regen therefore no speed sensor in the 36v carts. I think the OP meant the green wire from the V-Glide to the main solenoid.

Comment

Posted earlier by millerchadj View Post
                    well... we got the solenoid working. We found the green wire from the speed controller was not connected back up with to the solenoid. Now the cart will drive but the charger will not charge. Still need some help.
                    Check the fuse on the back of the charger receptacle.

Comment

Yea he said speed controller and the ab serial number is 36 volt, well I Totally screwed that one up sorry everyone.

Well looking at the bright side at least this put me over 100 posts
                      Updated by gaminde; November 14, 2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
                        Yea he said speed controller and the ab serial number is 36 volt, well I Totally screwed that one up sorry everyone.

Well looking at the bright side at least this put me over 100 posts
                        Yeah, believe it or not the 36v Club Cars even the 2003 are still resistor carts.
                        Congrats on the 100 posts, that wasn't so tough was it...

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X