1996 club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 club car

i have a 1996 club car that one day it will charge ad the next day it wont. any help will be great.

1996 club car 48 volts

my 1996 is having problems charging it wont charge then if i let it sit for a few it will charge.

Comment

help

1996 club car wont charge

Comment

i am a new member so any help with my cart will be great. and when it wont charge if i let it sit for a few days it will charge.

Comment

and i have tested the batteries they are 8.1 8.2 8.1 8.1 8.2 8.2 and is reading 49.1 across all batteries.

Comment

very vague question but lets start with

1) find the grey wire that comes from the charge receptacle follow it to the OBC, should be a rubber boot there, pull it back and inside there is a spade terminal connection, pull it out. With the charger plugged in (both 48 and 120) touch the grey wire end to the -48 volt pack, charger should come on and stay on as long as the wire is on the -48 does this happen???

2) If the above works then put a meter accross the 48 volt pack and measure both, with charger on and off (touching grey wire to -48 volt pack) give us volts
            Updated by gaminde; October 27, 2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

a few what minutes, hours, days

Comment

Post this in the Electric Club car section.

Comment

to GCF.

Comment

its a few days and i will try that i the morning and post the volts tomorrow. thanks

Comment

Posted earlier by jace1975 View Post
                      Post this in the Electric Club car section.
                      jace from looking at your picture you can't post here until you can reach the pedals

Comment

I posted that when it was in the "introduce yourself" forum, but hey, funny stuff, FUNNY STUFF! I also got a good hard laugh when you were talking about Dougs ball in that "club car parts" thread. Keep em coming.

Comment

Grapeape, what charger are you using? There are some manuals around for a couple of the chargers out there. Does your charger appear to be working or is it kicking off prematurely?

Jason

Comment

Posted earlier by jace1975 View Post
                            I posted that when it was in the "introduce yourself" forum, but hey, funny stuff, FUNNY STUFF! I also got a good hard laugh when you were talking about Dougs ball in that "club car parts" thread. Keep em coming.
                            Poor Doug and two of them were all yellow, NASTY

It's easy to make fun of others! but when they start making fun of me, I will cry like a little girl.

Comment

its a brand new charger. and gaminde i traced the gray wire back to the obc and it was loose wire it is working good now. thanks everybody.

Comment

Posted earlier by grapeape62 View Post
                                its a brand new charger. and gaminde i traced the gray wire back to the obc and it was loose wire it is working good now. thanks everybody.
                                Glad you found the problem.

Comment

This may never be read by or of use to anyone but i want to thank everyone that contributes to this forum. I used it to isolate my problem without even needing a wiring diagram or expensive labor - i will contribute any chance that i have

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the positive words groceryhank.
                                    Glad to hear you got your problem fixed and everything's good to go.

Comment

[quote=groceryhank;6849]This may never be read by or of use to anyone but i want to thank everyone that contributes to this forum. I used it to isolate my problem without even needing a wiring diagram or expensive labor - i will contribute any chance that i have

Groceryhank guess you did not get our bill yet its in the mail.

its nice to get a response like this it make us feel good

Comment

don't scare him gaminde, that big red text looks intimidating
                                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        X