1997 carryall 1 wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 carryall 1 wiring help

I think I have a bad solenoid. but how do I check it to be sure? what led to this is all my lights don't work even the horn don't make a sound. I have meters just need to know what to check were and what voltage to look for. also it is a 48volt system.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this for me.

sjc

Have you checked the fuses yet?

Comment

It doesn't appear that the solenoid has anything to do with the current to the headlights or the horn. They get their power through the fuse block. As Doug said, check those and we'll go from there. Does the cart run in it's current condition?

Jason

Comment

yes the cart runs fine . where is the fuse located behind dash or around the battery or in the back.

thanks

sjc

Comment

I'm not sure. I am hoping Doug can help you with the location. I've just been looking at the diagram in the manual I have that covers your cart. Haven't found anything that shows the location. This darn book covers like 4 models (gas and electric) from 96 to 97 and is around 2 to 3 inches thick. I'll keep looking though and get back to you if I find it.

Jason
          Updated by jace1975; October 21, 2011, 01:24 AM.

Comment

ok let's see I found the fuse block and yes there was a blown fuse i replaced it and nothing. but that same yellow wire the feeds the fuse block comes of the side of the solenoid I believe. hope this might help you in your search on the wiring diagram .

thanks again will wait to hear from you guys

Comment

Send me an email to klkeaton@embarqmail.com. I've scanned a couple pages I want to send you and see if it helps you out. It's solenoid testing procedures.

Jason

Comment

Never mind on the email, I figured out how to upload the pics. Not the best quality, but better than nothing I guess.

Jason
                Attached Files

Comment

Posted earlier by jace1975 View Post
                  Never mind on the email, I figured out how to upload the pics. Not the best quality, but better than nothing I guess.

Jason
                  Looks great to me
                  Regards

Comment

Fuse locations 1997 CarryAll Electric:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here the diagram we spoke about, hope it helps.

Jason
                      Attached Files

Comment

hey thanks Big for all your Help I was able to get it figured out!!!! It was that the red wire that feeds the fuse block was hook in to the battery's at the wrong point sending 48 volts to the fuse block and not the 13 -14 volts that i was able to get to it by hooking the red wire in the battery's about midway through. I was able to do this by testing with a meter to fine a lesser voltage that the lights would work on. One other thought on troubleshooting this was that none of the electrical accessory's worked which made me think the problem was the feed to the fuse block.

thanks again for everyone thoughts and help

SJC

Comment

Thanks for posting the resolution so other members can learn from this experience.

Jason

Comment

Congrats on finding the problem and the successful fix!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            X