battery warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery warning light

I have noticed the last couple of time I have used my cart that the battery idiot light will come on when I first turn the key on. This is after it has set for an extended period with out being ran. Also until it goes out I don't have any power when depressing the pedal. It goes out after about 5 seconds, and all seems well.

I tested the batteries which are brand new and no problem there. Showing 52.1 Volts

I was wondering if this is something on the newer carts that I don't know about? Is there controller check its doing or some diagnostics?

Any clues would be helpful.

Its a 2006 club car Ds. just upgrade from a 97 CC DS. Only had it a week and trying to learn its little quirks..

I can't remember all the different codes for the CC but the light has been a problem/concern for many owners.
    The light flashing/solid could be anything from unplugging the charger before it finished it's cycle to an OBC that is not working properly to bad batteries.
    Go to the CC site and download your owners manual to become more familiar with your cart and you may have more insight after reading it.
    Here is the link to your owners manual (you will need to provide the serial number of your cart): http://www.clubcar.com/resources/own...s/default.aspx
    If you have more specific questions after you see the manual post them up and we will find the answers for you.

Comment

Bone, my 07 does the same thing. Did you find out anything yet about the cause?

Comment

Nope.. Never got an answer .. even after reading the owners manual i couldn't get a solid answer.

Since the trouble is intermitant and doesn't seem to affect cart other than a lag power from pedal deprssion I'm not going to get to worried about it.

Comment

Ok here is a guess !!!
          both the OBC and controller go into a sleep mode. there are a number of ways to wake them pressing the pedal is one, I think once one wakes it might wake the other there may be some lag time 5 seconds would seem reasonable.

without some testing I can't be sure, if you would like to test this I probably can come up with some testing ideas.

who did the upgrade, were the controller and OBC matched per the year or did they use the old OBC is it IQ system now
          Updated by gaminde; October 5, 2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X