Precedent Converter location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedent Converter location?

I'm trying to figure if I have a converter or reducer as I can see my lights are wired to to whole pack, (4) 12v. I'm not sure where to look for it?
    Updated by dougmcp; September 25, 2011, 01:51 PM.
    2005 CC Precedent

Posted earlier by erict View Post
    I'm trying to figure if I have a converter or reducer as I can see my lights are wired to to whole pack, (4) 12v. I'm not sure where to look for it?
    If your lights are wired to the whole pack then you have a converter, look up under the cowl above the steering rack, it will be mounted there.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
      If your lights are wired to the whole pack then you have a converter, look up under the cowl above the steering rack, it will be mounted there.
      The more I research it the more I'm finding out that more then likely I don't have either. It seems that the lights are plugged directly into the factory wiring harness and I would think the horn as well. So the two pos/neg pigtails I see coming off the whole pack must feed the harness somehow. I just don't know how it makes a 12v connection though
      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

I don't see how it is possible to have the only accessory wires running to 48v and get 12v as a result without a converter.
        I have this info from a CC technician which is a little better explained than I did originally:
        A Precedent equipped with a factory converter would have it mounted directly behind the front suspension. There's a small cavity there, between the two frame beams, just before they go under the belly pan. It's pre-drilled from the factory and a reducer may be added at any time for those cars that don't have one.

Comment

I don't see how it is possible to have the only accessory wires running to 48v and get 12v as a result without a converter.
          I have this info from a CC technician which is a little better explained than I did originally:
          I asked another technician and this is what he said. I had asked him where it got it's ground from if the power is fed off the pos of batt #1.

B- post of controller. Light harness feeds off of the yellow bullet connector
          There should be a Blue pigtail on the #1 battery. That's where you'll draw the power from if you're not using a reducer.
          2005 CC Precedent

Comment

I asked another technician and this is what he said. I had asked him where it got it's ground from if the power is fed off the pos of batt #1.

B- post of controller. Light harness feeds off of the yellow bullet connector
            There should be a Blue pigtail on the #1 battery. That's where you'll draw the power from if you're not using a reducer.
            The first one is if there is a converter (B-) and the second one (Blue pigtail) is from one 12v battery without a converter.
            Updated by dougmcp; September 26, 2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

The first one is if there is a converter (B-) and the second one (Blue pigtail) is from one 12v battery without a converter.
              I do have a blue pigtail on one battery and a red on the other. They both have wires connected to them but I can't tell where the run too.
              2005 CC Precedent

Comment

I do have a blue pigtail on one battery and a red on the other. They both have wires connected to them but I can't tell where the run too.
                What is the voltage measured at the blue and red wires?

Comment

What is the voltage measured at the blue and red wires?
                  Around 50v. Same terminals I would put the test leads on to test the whole pack.
                  Updated by erict; September 26, 2011, 12:18 PM.
                  2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Around 50v. Same terminals I would put the test leads on to test the whole pack.
                    Then you must have a reducer somewhere.
                    If it's a factory converter are you sure it's not "mounted directly behind the front suspension. There's a small cavity there, between the two frame beams, just before they go under the belly pan"?
                    Maybe the dealer it was purchased from installed some other type of reducer.
                    Have you opened the dash to see what might be in there?
                    Do you have any photos of the battery bay and up under where the factory one should mount?

Comment

Then you must have a reducer somewhere.
                      If it's a factory converter are you sure it's not "mounted directly behind the front suspension. There's a small cavity there, between the two frame beams, just before they go under the belly pan"?
                      Maybe the dealer it was purchased from installed some other type of reducer.
                      Have you opened the dash to see what might be in there?
                      Do you have any photos of the battery bay and up under where the factory one should mount?
                      I haven't pulled the dash to see. If it's mounted near the front suspension, would I be able to see it from below?
                      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X