Club Car DS electric vs Precedent electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car DS electric vs Precedent electric

What are the differences between the two different models of electric Club Cars? I've heard that the DS is better suited for rugged use, but am not sure if that is true, or why. Thanks, Dave

I would think batteries is the major difference older precedents use four 12 volt batteries

Comment

When the reference is made to older 12 volt batteries in electric Club Cars, what is the advantage in the newer configuration of 8 volt batteries which are six in number?

Zackman

Comment

Drive wise they are pretty much the same, I don't think either is more robust than the other.
        For better performance (run time) and less warranty issues, the Precedent changed their battery configuration to match the DS in 2010.
        Updated by dougmcp; September 16, 2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Posted earlier by dgrant View Post
            What are the differences between the two different models of electric Club Cars? I've heard that the DS is better suited for rugged use, but am not sure if that is true, or why. Thanks, Dave
            It is possible that Club Car did not want to loose any of their fleet sales with dropping the classic DS, so they kept it along with the updated Precedent, even though they upgraded the DS internally.
            Regards

Comment

I have both. I prefer the DS because it has much more room behind the seats for storage !

Comment

Thanks for the response. That's good to know, because I want the storage space.
                I've also heard that the DS has an all aluminum frame, and the Precedent has a frame made with aluminum struts and plastic panels? Dave

Comment

Posted earlier by dgrant View Post
                  Thanks for the response. That's good to know, because I want the storage space.
                  I've also heard that the DS has an all aluminum frame, and the Precedent has a frame made with aluminum struts and plastic panels? Dave
                  My 05 CC Precedent has an all aluminum frame

Cart2%20005.JPG

Cart2%20006.JPG

Cart2%20007.JPG
                  Updated by erict; September 21, 2011, 02:14 PM.
                  2005 CC Precedent

Comment

I just picked up a used 2008.5 club cart and there are many differences in the older DS model. I had a 1996 DS-Regen and one of the biggest problems I had was the corosion of the frame and battery hold downs. The new CC Precedent has an aluminum chassis but the entire batter "Bucket" is all plastic and there is virtually no corosion. It also has a dozen other features in the "IQ" package. There are no exposed metal parts anywhere other than weather protected nuts and bolts. It has "Intelligent Parking", 4 speed settings in the On Board Computer, and in each setting you can do fine adjustments in 10 steps of 0.4MPH in speed Quality. The list goes on and on.

Comment

interesting... i didn't know the precident had a tube frame. the bucket sounds like a really nice feature. i think i like the styling of the precident better... but the DS looks good imo.
                      -sj

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X