Basic Cart versus Lifted/Accessorized Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Cart versus Lifted/Accessorized Cart

Since I am new at golf carts having never owned one, my research so far reveals that the basic used electric carts tend to be cheaper but not by much. I have looked at dealer websites and not private. Is one an advantage over the other? I have noticed that there is a small warranty with some of the used carts on dealer lots.

Tom
    Updated by ZackMan; September 14, 2011, 06:25 PM.

Depending on your DIY skills, warranty may be overrated.
    I would look at Craigslist in your area, how about these guys: http://smd.craigslist.org/rvs/2538963988.html
    Post up what you find and we may be able to give you some thoughts or at least some questions to ask.

Comment

Thanks Dougmcp.

Comment

Usually the electrics are cheaper than the gas since you have to break down and spend about $600 every 3-4 years for new batteries. And depending on the age of the current batteries. You may want to ask yourself, how often are you using the cart? If you plan to leave the cart sitting for more than 30 days at a time you may want to get a gas golf cart, something you can put fuel stabilizer in and keep it running. If you do not charge the batteries while an electric golf cart sits in storage for over 30 days, you will kill the pack and be stuck with a large battery replacement bill.
        Regards

Comment

I got the best deals by buying my golf carts off of people around me. If I pass a person selling a golf cart, I can get away with offering them a cash deal and sometimes make out better since the person may be in need of the cash, or the wife is not letting them store it at home anymore, so they want to make a quick deal.
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X