48volt club car cd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48volt club car cd player

anyone know if u are able to use the built in reducer to power aftermarket cd player? already has lighting, horn etc....

It should work fine. What is the amperage draw of the CD player?

Comment

How do you know if a cart has a built in reducer? I have a light kit and horn already installed on my 2005 CC. If so, what else would I be able to safely run off of it?
      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Posted earlier by erict View Post
        How do you know if a cart has a built in reducer? I have a light kit and horn already installed on my 2005 CC. If so, what else would I be able to safely run off of it?
        They may have just wired it off 1 12 volt battery.
        Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
          They may have just wired it off 1 12 volt battery.
          I see. How do I tell if it is done this way and or I have a reducer?
          Updated by erict; September 14, 2011, 06:23 AM.
          2005 CC Precedent

Comment

mine has 6 8volt batteries but the reducer is ran off the first two so it is actually a 16 to 12 volt reducer only problem is the reducer does not get energized until the key is turned on, which sucks because u have to have it on to have the cd player on and u can't retain memory

Comment

Leaving the cart on while you're playing the CD will not cause a battery drain.
              Unfortunately unless you have a constant 12v source of power you will lose your radio memory.
              To maintain the memory, you could use a separate 12v battery to power all your accessories and recharge it with a 12v charger.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                Leaving the cart on while you're playing the CD will not cause a battery drain.
                Unfortunately unless you have a constant 12v source of power you will lose your radio memory.
                To maintain the memory, you could use a separate 12v battery to power all your accessories and recharge it with a 12v charger.
                I assume since I have (4) 12v batteries I would not have a reducer, correct?

I like the idea and will use a separate battery to power my radio when it comes time to install one. Do they make a 12v lithium battery? Or a small 12v sealed battery?
                Updated by erict; September 14, 2011, 05:44 PM.
                2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Posted earlier by erict View Post
                  I assume since I have (4) 12v batteries I would not have a reducer, correct?

I like the idea and will use a separate battery to power my radio when it comes time to install one. Do they make a 12v lithium battery? Or a small 12v sealed battery?
                  You may or may not have a reducer, look under the chassis front end above the suspension in the center, if you have a factory one it is there.
                  There are lots of choices for sealed 12v batteries but they can get expensive. Link: https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...type=jamecoall
                  Depending on how much you are going to play the tunes, you may not need a separate battery.

Comment

You may also want to check into a radio that does not store a ton of information in the memory. So if you dont keep the memory, you might only be stuck with a clock on the wrong time rather than a ton of other personalization settings.
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X