Swapping 6volt batts for 8volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping 6volt batts for 8volt

I read Matti's 10/07 post about upgrading to 48volts and was about to make the move, but every golf cart person I mention upgrading just the batteries and solenoid says I'm going to fry my cart. Some say to upgrade the motor and most say that the only way to get more speed safely is to go electronic and want $1850 (cheapest) to do it. So confused. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted earlier by Cartdude View Post
    I read Matti's 10/07 post about upgrading to 48volts and was about to make the move, but every golf cart person I mention upgrading just the batteries and solenoid says I'm going to fry my cart. Some say to upgrade the motor and most say that the only way to get more speed safely is to go electronic and want $1850 (cheapest) to do it. So confused. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks.
    What year are you working with?
    Regards

Comment

There are some changes that would have to happen to your cart before you can go to 48v.
      As Matti said above what year is your cart or what is the serial number?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. It's a 1998 v-glide single solenoid resistor club car.

Comment

I am ready to upgrade the solenoid to a HD 48V one (any suggestions on a manuf) but thinking no cable upgrade. Can the resistors take that much power under constant load? Is there a way to upgrade that?

Comment

It is not recommended to move a resistor cart to 48v, the additional load on the resistors will generate 30%+ more heat and drastically shorten their lifespan.
            If you want to go to 48v, you will need to convert to a controller cart.
            Your other option is to have the motor reworked for more speed/torque. Cost for this is in the $250 range.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X