Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming Curtis Controller 1510A-5251

Hi,

Has anyone successfully programmed a curtis controller 1510A-5251. Typically these are only programmable by the dealer but to be able to program them and customize them would be great.

Thanks to all who post

to GCF!

I believe the Curtis 1510 controller is 250 amp unit for a 48v Club Car with IQ.
    What would you like to do with the parameters in the controller?
    Do you have the 1311 handheld programmer or the 1314 software and cables for it?
    Updated by dougmcp; August 30, 2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hi ClubCarSW
      yes I have written to and read data out of a curtis controller. I have done this three ways.
      1 Using the curtis software
      2 using hyper-terminal
      3 using a Pic Micro-controller

I will be glad to help you get connected what year model cart do you have ? what do you want to read / write ?

connections are from a serial port do you have a computer with serial port ? if not 1304 software is only other option I have.

now the stock controllers have CC firmware in them and there are only 10 - 15 perimeters
      that can be changed.

Have you done an internet search for 1314-4401 pc programming station to see if you can download this software ?

Connection can be done at controller via 4 pin molex connector or programming port at dash. I do not have the programming port any longer it was rusted out so I replaced it with an 1/8 stereo plug 3 wires Gnd, Rx, Tx, the 4th is 18 vdc from controller and is not used with PC connections
      Updated by gaminde; August 30, 2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hey Gaminde,

Thanks for the great information.

I actually have 2 club cars and we're trying to control two of their motors at the same time for one vehicle. One is a 2009 and another is a 2008. We need to make one motor run forward and another in reverse. Not sure if this can be reprogrammed or rewired. We also want to turn down the motor braking and turn up the max speed. We're probably going to need to change some other things. We're also going to swap out the lead acid battery for a more powerful and lighter lithium ion. http://lithiumstorage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_i d=8&zenid=6e7c1da79105065da2cea99e0b2e3cb5

I do have a computer with a serial port. Using the 1314-4401 pc programming station with a serial cable is what we want to do.

Do you have any documentations on the parameters that can be changed using the CC firmware? We tried contacting Curtis, Club Car and Club Car dealers to get the hand held programmers and they refused to sell them to us. We also haven't been able to find any documentation since the CC firmware is under Club Car lock and key. They also told us that we're going to need an access code to control OEM parameters. Do you know what this is?

A search for 1314-4401 pc programming station only turned up a lot of references to a dead link (http://www.healthcare.ottobock.de/oba/fr/Technique/Curtis/PC_Programming_Station.zip). I also found a lot of torrents which I will try downloading from home tonight. I think my company will frown upon using bit torrent at work Do you have a copy of this software by any chance?

Also, according to the 1314 datasheet, it says you need a CAN Gateway or a 1309 Interface Box to go from Serial cable to Molex cable. What did you do for this?

Thanks in advance for all of the great information.

Comment

Posted earlier by ClubCarSW View Post
          Hey Gaminde,

Thanks for the great information.

I actually have 2 club cars and we're trying to control two of their motors at the same time for one vehicle. One is a 2009 and another is a 2008. We need to make one motor run forward and another in reverse. Not sure if this can be reprogrammed or rewired. We also want to turn down the motor braking and turn up the max speed. We're probably going to need to change some other things. We're also going to swap out the lead acid battery for a more powerful and lighter lithium ion. http://lithiumstorage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_i d=8&zenid=6e7c1da79105065da2cea99e0b2e3cb5

I do have a computer with a serial port. Using the 1314-4401 pc programming station with a serial cable is what we want to do.

Do you have any documentations on the parameters that can be changed using the CC firmware? We tried contacting Curtis, Club Car and Club Car dealers to get the hand held programmers and they refused to sell them to us. We also haven't been able to find any documentation since the CC firmware is under Club Car lock and key. They also told us that we're going to need an access code to control OEM parameters. Do you know what this is?

A search for 1314-4401 pc programming station only turned up a lot of references to a dead link (http://www.healthcare.ottobock.de/oba/fr/Technique/Curtis/PC_Programming_Station.zip). I also found a lot of torrents which I will try downloading from home tonight. I think my company will frown upon using bit torrent at work Do you have a copy of this software by any chance?

Also, according to the 1314 datasheet, it says you need a CAN Gateway or a 1309 Interface Box to go from Serial cable to Molex cable. What did you do for this?

Thanks in advance for all of the great information.
          Ok I have uploaded the software here http://gaminde.net/SCS/Club_Car/Prog...-bis_31_08_06/ see if it will install.
          running two motors may take two controllers (stock units) and using one throttle input for both you can probably try one controller for testing and wire one of the motors S terminals backwards, from the other motor. you cannot get speed code 4 unless you get the password (OEM) the software has an a,b,c input, where a code needs to be imputed you can do speed code 1,2,3 no problem, I have as yet, not tried to turn off breaking, I need it (live on a hill). now as far as the adapter I hooked up direct using RS232 I could have built a converter with level shifter but did not and it works fine ( do not use charger while connected )

As with any micro-controller you will not be able to change firmware but you will be able to change the perimeters within the firmware, if this is not what you want then get an aftermarket controller, GE, ALTRAX, CURTIS the list goes on.
          did i forget anything??
          Updated by gaminde; August 30, 2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

here is a paper talking about two controllers and one input from throttle
            Attached Files

Comment

Try here I can not post EXE files on this site
              copy the 3 files and let me know what happens

http://gaminde.net/SCS/Club_Car/Prog...-bis_31_08_06/

Comment

Awesome! I was able to install it. Just need to make the cable now.
                Do you know how the pin out from the Molex cable maps to the RS232 pins?
                Do you know what the OEM code is?
                Is there a way to power up the controller so that I can program it without having to connect those 4 heavy lead acid batteries to it?

I do have two motors that I will be controlling with seperate controllers. The vehicle I'm building will have 2 tank treads controlled by two different levers for throttle. I'm not looking to change the firmware, just modify the values for the parameters.

Thanks for all your help.
                Updated by ClubCarSW; August 30, 2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Awesome! I was able to install it. Just need to make the cable now.
                  Do you know how the pin out from the Molex cable maps to the RS232 pins?
                  Do you know what the OEM code is?
                  Is there a way to power up the controller so that I can program it without having to connect those 4 heavy lead acid batteries to it?

I do have two motors that I will be controlling with seperate controllers. The vehicle I'm building will have 2 tank treads controlled by two different levers for throttle. I'm not looking to change the firmware, just modify the values for the parameters.

Thanks for all your help.
                  I will get my notes (tomorrow) on 232 to 4 pin molex I attached the molex pin out

from what I understand the OEM code is different for each controller but this can be fooled using a / by 2 circuit posted on this site.

power up sure I think these controllers have a voltage span 12 or 24 to 60 vdc and can be tested this way (not sure about running motor at low voltage this would be much higher current)

this sounds fun keep us informed even the little steps you've got my interest up
                  Attached Files
                  Updated by gaminde; August 30, 2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Here is a db9 female receptacle
                    db9 female pinout is opposite of db9 male

Pin 2 goes to RX controller
                    Pin 3 goes to TX controller
                    Pin 5 goes to Ground

Let me know if and when you make contact with the controller
                    Attached Files

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
                      Ok I have uploaded the software here http://gaminde.net/SCS/Club_Car/Prog...-bis_31_08_06/ see if it will install.
                      I've been looking for this software myself for my cart won't run even though everything is hooked up but both links are dead and google&tpb show nothing. Does anyone else have a link?

-R

Comment

Posted earlier by mrbigg View Post
                        I've been looking for this software myself for my cart won't run even though everything is hooked up but both links are dead and google&tpb show nothing. Does anyone else have a link?

-R
                        Any luck on a link to this software, it's impossible to find!

Comment

I'm looking for the link also since I need to update mine and if I find one I'll let you know.

Comment

Hey All,
                            I'm a Newbie
                            (incase you had a few to many beers)
                            I'm havin some issues with my Curtis 1268-5403
                            sepex controller & I ran a cross this link
                            I believe it could be deciphered by someone much
                            smarter then I am,, to back door the OEM factory code issue..
                            Could someone translate this from geek speak
                            to a non-geek language for us simple minded folk...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Comment

Posted earlier by BadDaDDy View Post
                              Hey All,
                              I'm a Newbie
                              (incase you had a few to many beers)
                              I'm havin some issues with my Curtis 1268-5403
                              sepex controller & I ran a cross this link
                              I believe it could be deciphered by someone much
                              smarter then I am,, to back door the OEM factory code issue..
                              Could someone translate this from geek speak
                              to a non-geek language for us simple minded folk...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
                              Well not sure about smarter but I have some experience with this. when you send the controller :$ it responds and you must respond back with what it sends (echo back) it works I have done it. And yes I used the back door to set to speed code 4, it took the setting I could read back that the setting was there but no it did not speed up.

I have made a unit that can read the controllers data on my site under controller its a video takes some time to load . this unit was going to be dash mount or handheld. I have programmed with it also but was not going to include programming because of liability reasons.

What do you need to read whats wrong with your cart???

Also the 1268 is that an aftermarket controller not stock CC ?? looks the same but with different firmware.
                              Updated by gaminde; July 6, 2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X