1995 Cc 48 V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Cc 48 V

Ok, I have a 48V Club Car that just had the OBC replaced. I charged the batteries all night and went out the next morning to check it. When I press the pedal down all the way it does nothing. When I press the pedal down half way it peels out and takes off. It runs pretty fast at half, but as soon as you push the pedal a little further down it stops and doesnt move. When I depress the pedal it peels out and goes again. As long as the pedal is pressed halfway or less it runs fine. Any thoughts?

The OBC doesn't affect the speed of the cart, it basically controls the charging function.
    Did you change it out or did a shop do it?

It sounds to me like you have an issue with the throttle control.
    Did you have this problem before you changed out the OBC?
    Do you have a Powerdrive "series" motor cart or the Powerdrive Plus "sepex" motor?
    Updated by dougmcp; August 22, 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I replaced the OBC myself. The cart would not charge at all before.

Yes, I had this problem before, I changed out the OBC myself. I am not sure which one I have, how can I tell?

Comment

Is your F-N-R switch a rotating handle (series cart) or a slide switch (sepex/regen cart)?
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh ok, I have a series cart. Last year my solenoid was clicking. I replaced it and it started doing this, but since my OBC was also out and my batteries were dead my charger would not come on. I just bought a gas powered cart at that time. I am now wanting to fix this up and use it to get around at the lake house and not have to load it up and take it back and forth everytime. I changed the OBC and now the carger workes and checked all of the batteries and they are all good, but the losing power a full throttle continued.

Comment

It's been determined by you that you have a series cart, 1995 was the transistional year that Club Car changed from the stepped throttle to the potentiometer throttle. Let me know the serial number of your cart and I'll see if I can figure out which one you have.
            I trust you have checked the batteries and all are over 8.49v for a total pack voltage of 50.9v or better. Can you confirm this?

Comment

Yes, all of the batteries tested good. The serial number is A9529 446061.

Comment

Ok, I was looking at the diagram here on this site for my cart, and I noticed that my solenoid does not have the two wires #29, and #30. Are these necessary? Could this be the cause of my problems?

Comment

Those 2 items are the 250 ohm resistor and diode. These are used to soften the inrush current to the solenoid and prevent feedback to the controller.
                  The car may or may not run with these components missing. Were they there before when the vehicle ran normally?
                  I still think your symptoms point to the throttle control and you could have one of 2 kinds.
                  In February of 1995 (Serial No. A9529 445799 and greater on electric vehicles), a new accelerator/brake pedal group was introduced. Adjustment procedures for the older and later pedal groups differ significantly, so it is important to make sure that you use the correct procedure.
                  Which one do you have?

Comment

The serial number is A9529 446061

I had a golf cart mechanic change the soleniod so I am not sure if they were on there before or not.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X