Club Car 81 36v not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car 81 36v not running

I'm back again with another problem. I have a club car 81 model 36 volt. All the solenoids except the 3rd solenoid has 36 volts on both small posts. I know one small post should have 36 volts on each solenoid and the other should be the ground or no voltage. Any suggestions what could be causing voltage on both small posts? Also, I'm getting 36 volts on each big post that has the bar that connects them all together but not the other big posts. I have a wiring diagram but none of the wires are in diagram are color coded and hard to tell where they go and connect to. Please any suggestions!

Posted earlier by nbirt View Post
    I'm back again with another problem. I have a club car 81 model 36 volt. All the solenoids except the 3rd solenoid has 36 volts on both small posts. I know one small post should have 36 volts on each solenoid and the other should be the ground or no voltage. Any suggestions what could be causing voltage on both small posts? Also, I'm getting 36 volts on each big post that has the bar that connects them all together but not the other big posts. I have a wiring diagram but none of the wires are in diagram are color coded and hard to tell where they go and connect to. Please any suggestions!
    I have not looked at your schematic but 36 volts both sides of coil sounds correct if they are switching ground and its not on, the coil will look like a really long wire to a meter. Now once they are actuated you will not see voltage on both sides and at that time you will see voltage on both sides of the large posts.

Comment

Still haven't figured out why I can't get the solenoids to activate. On the F/R switch should the positive from the battery go to the solid lug so when you switch from forward and reverse you get power on both. Cause the I got is wired battery positive to one of the lugs and solid lug is wired to motor. I also noticed that the wire that comes from the F/R switch to the last solenoid was wired to the post on solenoids that has bar connecting all five together. I noticed on schematics that it was supposed to go the back post so I switched it to that post. Any suggestions why still not working or power to solenoids?

Comment

Nbirt
        I have no experience with anything other than IQ stuff never even seen a resistor cart hope someone else chimes in.

Comment

If the wiring is correct, probably a bad microswitch in the set, or if they end up being okay one of the solenoids is probably bad.
          Regards

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party.
            With the key in the off position check the continuity on the large posts of the offending solenoid if has a connection the solenoid is bad if it is only when the power/key is on it is a bad micro switch controlling that solenoid.
            Updated by dougmcp; August 25, 2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

GEEZ dougmcp the party is over, it was so yesterday

Comment

Well, that's me, a day late and a dollar short...
                We haven't heard back from nbirt to see if he found/fixed the problem so maybe the party's still going.

Comment

He will let us all know tomorrow....

yes I went there, nbirt is never going to live that down
                  Regards

Comment

Ah not to worry dougmcp will come strolling in the day after that!!!
                    The dog ate my computer

Comment

Nbirt did you ever get this unit running

Comment

No not yet. I haven't had time to mess with it yet. Been working on other carts before I get back to this one.

Comment

I think you may have a bad soleniod th primary side may have an open in it as you shoud have 36 volts on both sides till the micro switch in the speed switch grounds it causing it to activate and allow 36 volts accross the large post and using the resistorin series to the motor

Comment

Good call on the theory mechan_man.
                            I'm thinking that nbirt either fixed it and never posted back, gave up or got electrocuted in the process.

Comment

Here is a picture with some tips.
                              Put red lead of meter on 36 + and black on each solenoid and see if it reads voltage as you depress the gas pedal. I had one that skipped the 2-3 solenoid because some one wired it up wrong.

Here is the schematic for the same cart.

sigpic
                              I'm here to help!
                              There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X