problem with 1986 electric club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with 1986 electric club car

I recently replaced all the batteries, all five solenoids and the r/f switch on my '86 club car. It was doing great for about 2 wks. and then developed the problem I am having now. It only wants to operate at high speed in both forward and reverse. I found one of the micro-switches in the speed switch was bad and went ahead and replaced all five micro-switches. It still won't operate at any speed but highest. Anybody have experience with this?
    I tried switching the solenoids around and made sure the coil resisters were okay, but problem persists. Thanks.

Sounds like one of your microswitches is shorted and sends the cart to high speed or the solenoid is stuck on.
    I believe the 1986 model has the silver box between the two driver side batteries for the speed control. This box has the micro switches in it. The pedal pushes the slider in the box past each switch to activate the solenoid to go faster. Check the switches in this box out and also check the solenoid.

Comment

I would check your wiring you may have a break internaly or may be shorted to the high speed soleniod

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X