When I turn the key, the cart takes off? WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I turn the key, the cart takes off? WTF

when the key is off, it is fine.. however after turning the key off the cart moves even with out pressing any switches or pedals. It is a 1983

and it has a 36 volt motor.

Thanks fo rthe tips.

I reckon thats a stickey solenoid

Comment

Posted earlier by bentaxle49 View Post
      I reckon thats a stickey solenoid
      this, and also check your micro switch. It may be broken or stuck. To check the solenoid, press on the accelerator slowly and count the solenoid clicks. Do the same to check the micro switch, but with the cart in neutral. Listen up because they are hard to hear.

Comment

yeah if it starts driving by just turning the key on than its either the master solenoid the one furthest to the left on drivers side of cart also has no resistor coil mounted to it...this is if its a cart with 5 soleniods as mentioned it could also be the micro switch that activates it, if it only has the 1 solenoid mounted down in front of batteries same process............you can try tapping the solenoid with handle end of a screwdriver if its stuck this may unstick it ( maybe ) be careful not to touch anything with the metel part of the screwdriver...................................
        Tom
        if i didn,t like them so much i wouldn,t touch them...........

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X