battery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery question

2007 CC with 2007 12v Club Car/Trojan batteries......I always put my cart on charge no matter how much I drive it.....I would think if I went for a short ride that they would only charge for a little bit, but is seems like they charge for the same amount of time wether it a long or short ride. Thoughts?

That is usually how it is, since those batteries fully charge at around 14.7 volts a piece and then settle down after a few hours of sitting.
    Regards

Comment

Matti is correct the charger will run around 16 hours. Ill bet the amperage does not stay high ?? starts around 13 and drops slowly, with the more usage the slower it drops.

Comment

sounds about right, thanks!

Comment

One of the reasons your charger runs so long with very little use is that most of the old style ferroresonant chargers go through a few hour equalization cycle each time they finish.

Comment

I am a newbie and have a similar question....

I have a 1995 CC DS 48 volt. with new batteries.
            How long does it take to recharge after short rides?
            Does it hurt batteries to unplug charger before it has finished it charge cycle?

Comment

Lead acid batteries do not have a memory, letting them charge up and cutting off the charge half way short does not effect anything. Just keep them fully charged all the time, because it hurts them the most when they are anything but fully charged.
              Regards

Comment

how long does charge cycle last?
                Will the charger cut off automatically?

Comment

#1 7-15 hours on low batteries. Even if the cart was used a little, it could take up to 7 hours just to charge and equalize.

#2 Depends on which charger you have, what is the make and model of it?
                  Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X