1986 Club Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Club Car

Had a member drop off an 86 Club Car today, said he replaced the batteries and the cart ran fine. When he charged the cart it overheated the wires at the receptical and burned out the in line fuse. He has it wired correctly but I found one loose battery cable, tightened all connections but it still seems to be over heating the receptical, any quick fix ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Hi. You will need to go over the wiring with a diagram. Electrical burning is not a quick fix I'm sorry. He must have crossed a wire or something somewhere.
    Regards

Comment

the socket or receptacle is bad, and / or, the voltage in the batteries is very low.

anytime it heats once expect it again.

Comment

Just thinking did he charge the batteries right after replacement or go straight to the course and do a round first then try to charge them ???

Comment

Confirm that the batteries are all up to a proper voltage (6.4v or more).
          I would give each cable a tug and make sure they are not broken internally then remove clean and tighten all of the battery connections.
          The receptacle is prone to poor connection as well, make sure it is making good contact and you should be good to go.
          Updated by dougmcp; June 24, 2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X