I need wiring diagram for 2000 48volt club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need wiring diagram for 2000 48volt club car

I need wiring diagram for 2000 48volt club car... Mostly the wires of the dash,, battery level,,key,,,buzzer,,,forward/reverse swithch
    thanks

Series or regen motor?

Comment

Where can you get diagrams for 2000 electric club car

Also, which type of battery cable is the best ? I had some made locally (for $25) and am already seeing signs that the copper wiring is cut near the post
      Updated by Michael Eddie; August 31, 2011, 09:55 PM. Reason: too many splits

Comment

Posted earlier by Corky B View Post
        Where can you get diagrams for 2000 electric club car
        Series or regen motor?

Comment

Posted earlier by Corky B
          Also, which type of battery cable is the best ? I had some made locally (for $25) and am already seeing signs that the copper wiring is cut near the post
          I usually get 4ga welding cable from the local welding supply for around $1 a foot.
          I don't understand how the "the copper wiring is cut near the post"
          Can you post a photo of what you mean?
          Updated by dougmcp; August 31, 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

kinda like worn or split
            I know the cart tends to be super sensitive and wonder just how much cut (from bending around a terminal) would cause a cart not to go
            I just went to AutoZone and bought two six gauge cables (that's all they had) intending to replace all of them
            frustrating, but fun
            this is the best time of year here for joy riding

they are 6 g
            not an electrician

anyhoo, the cart had been running great and now nothing
            new batteries, clean terminals
            check the water, check the connections
            the solenoid sounds ok, sometimes it is the little things
            ball of confusion sometimes

also, almost one year ago, had a problem with the forward/reverse assembly
            was hot to the touch (ultimately melted)
            well, it happened again this year
            this time the assembly came from an authorized Club Car dealer, cross my finger
            we were running good for about five weeks, and now, nothing

btw: it is a "series" cart
            Updated by Michael Eddie; August 31, 2011, 09:50 PM. Reason: too many splits

Comment

Automotive cables like the ones you got from Autozone are not designed for golf cart use. They don't handle the current well and breakdown quickly giving you the problems you are having.
              Try ebay for new cables you can buy a complete set of 6ga for $26 or 4ga for $35.

Comment

Hi dsteven53, Dave, I moved your post to a new location: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...aux-power.html
                Updated by dougmcp; September 1, 2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

maybe I should have said worn, or where it sat at the angle at the battery terminal caused it to break
                  anyway,today I took it back where I bought them from and he re did it - sure is nice to have all the tools for the job

thank you
                  I need all the help I can get
                  but is a fun journey !!!

Not being an electrician, the difference between 6 and 4 ?
                  four is heavier, but what difference ?
                  I would like to make the cart a little quicker, but the 4V and 6V is just battery to battery, right? ???? ???? would be nice to be neighborly and have a neighbor with a cart ha ha
                  Updated by Michael Eddie; September 2, 2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: why so many split posts?

Comment

The difference between 6ga which was stock and just barely adequate and 4ga is the ability to carry more than 50% increased amperage.
                    Which cart do you have?
                    Is it a series motor or sepex/regen motor cart?
                    How fast does your cart go now?
                    What is your target speed?
                    There's lots of things that can be done, do you have a budget for the upgrade?

Comment

has anyone ever had a problem with all lighting just quitting on a 2006 club car precedent 48v?

Comment

Posted earlier by stroker6902 View Post
                        has anyone ever had a problem with all lighting just quitting on a 2006 club car precedent 48v?
                        Yes, have you checked the 10amp fuse?

Comment

i can't find a 10amp fuse anywhere on this thing, the only fuse i found was an inline 15amp atc fuse underneath by the motor. long story short a buddy tried wiring in a cd player and might have shorted something obviously. when this happened the front lighting connector was unplugged but the rear lights werent. once all aftermarket wires were removed i have no lighting, turn signals, hazard, front lights etc.... everything else works fine though driving and buzzer. minus the fuse though at the rear that i found that was good. i can't find anything else to check as another in line or something of that nature. my headlamp switch has power going to it and leaving. i didnt know if this cart has a built in reducer or not and if it does does it go to it before or after the switch? i was trying to find a wiring diagram to help with this. any thoughts?? thanks,

Comment

You have a built-in reducer.
                            If you used the chassis of the cart as a ground, that may have been your problem. Nothing on an electric cart grounds to the chassis.
                            Wiring diagram for your cart located here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html
                            Updated by dougmcp; September 13, 2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

lol i can't look at the diagram until i make a couple more posts......i had to start a new name and register again. anyways do you happen to know where that reducer is and if it get this problem fixed am i able to go off that to install there cd player or should i go with a better reducer?

Comment

You have 5 posts so you should be able to see the diagram.
                                The factory reducer should be fine to power the CD player.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                X