Newbie question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question...

Hi all....I've got a ten seater Cushman 48 volt. (Don't know the year.) Put new batteries in and it runs great, but I can't get the lights, wiper, battery indicator, etc to work. They are all connected the same way as when I bought the cart. When I tested the cart while buying, it conked out. I was told they had hooked it up as 36 volt accidently and burned out the solenoid. They replaced it and now only the motor works. I replaced the fuses...five 20 amp. What else might I look at? Thanks, Electronically Challenged.

I would start looking at the bulbs, while there check the voltage at the blubs (wiper motor and indicator, too) and last if the other isn't the problem check wiring. If the 36v got the solenoid it probably got the bulbs, wiper motor and battery indicator. Funny though the lower voltage shouldn't have done anything, but it did....Frank

Posted earlier by Dana View Post
    Hi all....I've got a ten seater Cushman 48 volt. (Don't know the year.) Put new batteries in and it runs great, but I can't get the lights, wiper, battery indicator, etc to work. They are all connected the same way as when I bought the cart. When I tested the cart while buying, it conked out. I was told they had hooked it up as 36 volt accidently and burned out the solenoid. They replaced it and now only the motor works. I replaced the fuses...five 20 amp. What else might I look at? Thanks, Electronically Challenged.

Comment

Thanks Frank, I'll do that. Is there anything between the battery connections and lights, wiper motor, etc. that might have gone out? (Other than the fuses.)

Comment

Just do a visual inspection of the wiring. Don't know of anything that would be between, but you will find out inspecting...Frank

Posted earlier by Dana View Post
        Thanks Frank, I'll do that. Is there anything between the battery connections and lights, wiper motor, etc. that might have gone out? (Other than the fuses.)

Comment

I would check the voltage in the wires. Was this one altered before you bought it?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X