04PDS / AC drive cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04PDS / AC drive cart

A little more info on the 04 PDS cart. I bought the cart new off the show room floor at Grahams golf carts in Myrtle Beach SC. It was brand new no golf course cart straight from Augusta Ga. The seats still had plastic on them as did the charger. I had them swap wheels on it and we bought it. It did well for what we wanted. 36 volt 300amp controller with my speed senor harness. I had all 4 settings whenever I wanted them.
    Back in October I put a V-Tech AC drive motor, controller and the speedometer in it. You have to upgrade to 48 volts also for this kit. It runs 32MPH with just me in it. That's all day long. It's got plenty of torque to. It's like the Alltrax controller you can hook it up to your lap top and change it and see what it's doing while riding.

When we bought it.

Have 17" Miata wheels & tires 23" over all.

have a meter for the cart batteries & the extra 12 volt.

5watt solar panel for the 12 volt battery. I can play the radio with 100 watt amp and the battery never gets below 12 volts during the day.

AC controller, it is a plug and drive swap. No wire cutting.

The AC motor. I drove it for almost 30 miles the first time and it was barely warm. No brushes.

The connections all have factory plugs so all you do is plug it up and ride. Took me about a hr 1/2 to do the whole swap. The biggest thing was getting the old controller out.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

I really like the idea of the AC systems and I think they will be the drives of the future. I don't have any personal experience with AC motors in GCs except I have driven the Ezgo RXVs at my course here. I like how they stop and hold.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, I thought I read that you weren't really happy with it in the beginning because of the speed only running about 25mph or something like that.
    Now that you've had it for awhile are you still liking the AC system and would you recommend the swap to others?

Comment

Doug,
      that's correct, I wasn't real happy with the advertise MPH verses what I got. I only got a little over 30MPH out of it. The cart they brought by the house was a stock President with the swap in it it ran 36MPH. I figured with the bigger tires I'd get at least that!

Well after the first run it was at 28MPH and I went back and called and we changed one of the settings in the program. We tweaked it a little and now it does 32 with just me on it. I drove it with 4 people around trip of about 15 miles and averaged right at 26-28MPH. I was hoping a little better but it's OK.
      Most of the roads around the beach house are 35 MPH so I was wanting something to keep up with traffic. It does OK. Over all I like it, Especially now the motor never gets hot.

The V-Tech seems to be a good system just wished it had the speed that the stock cart had.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!

Comment

17's on a golf cart! Some cars cant even fit 17's!!!
        Regards

Comment

So Andy, does V-Tech think you have it maxed out or can they tweak it some more?
          If the motor is not getting warm and you have plenty of torque to carry 4 people at 28, you'd think there's room for a little more.

Comment

The big thing is the AC has to know the correct size of the tire are it want pull right so with the tires being 23" over all the torque is at it's max. I may could get a little more out of it but for now I'm OK with it. There aren't to many carts going to out run me down there excepct for a few maybe and I will give them a run for there money now.

Matti yes 17" miata wheels with 2" wheel spacers on all 4.
            I should never have to buy tires for it with the steal belted radials on it now.
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
              I should never have to buy tires for it with the steal belted radials on it now.
              You put more miles on carts than anyone I know, I'd give those tires a good look after 50,000 miles or so and see how well they're doing.

Comment

It's 6 1/2 miles each way to Ocean Lakes campground by my Tahoe going up the beach road. I go there a lot in the 04 to see all the action and carts. I'm also friends with the Golf cart manger inside the campground so that helps to. He gets my pass for me every year.
                The road is a 35 MPH so I try and keep up but if I see a cop I slow down. They can take your cart if it's over 20MPH. Safety issues. No seat belts and all that sissy stuff!

I like to see peoples faces when I pass other carts and there like Dang!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPhcR...3&feature=plcp
                You never know what they will be driving!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTjTZ..._order&list=UL
                sigpic
                I'm here to help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse