Yamaha G9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G9

Does anybody know a company that sells rebuilt Yamaha G9 engines?

Welcome to GCF, try this out, a little pricey but any off the shelf rebuilt will be.
    www.lvssales.com/rebuilt_engine_yamaha.html

Comment

Think LVS went out of business, Thanks though.

Comment

Posted earlier by jcg9 View Post
        Think LVS went out of business, Thanks though.
        Those OEM rebuilds are usually pretty pricey. For the money I would get a Honda clone and new clutch and do a swap. Ive seen clones as low as 290 bucks with free shipping and chinese( I think) knockoffs of the Comet 40 series drive clutch for 120 on ebay. So for less than 500 you can have new stuff which will give you more power and reliability. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Bump on that, and thats exactly what I did.

Comment

Thanks, All electrical stuff works on it (starter,ect.)?

Comment

Posted earlier by jcg9 View Post
              Thanks, All electrical stuff works on it (starter,ect.)?
              The new engine will have its own starter as long as you buy an electric start. Im sure you could rig it to work like the original if your mechanically inclined. If thats what you want to do then just buy a pull start and reuse your OEM clutch and make a way to mount the G-9 starter.

Comment

Finally going to get the tools out and put the 23 vanguard w/high perf cam and rev kit (from CPP) in my G9 this weekend. Any surprises I should except? Should be pretty smooth, sick of Il. weather. Only concern I have is how loud Tom's muffler is going to be. He said he has never had any complaints, he for sure knows these motors. Going to wait and see about changing gears, probably will get the high speed gears. Anybody else ready for spring!

Comment

Hope the swap goes well. I have no experience with the b&s vanguard. Man i'm ready for some warm weather. It's been raining and the 40's all week. I know the weather up there is alot worse, my brother travels to power plants and rebuilds turbines and he's in Indiana now.

Comment

Things are going pretty smooth, gotta figure a way to make my throttle cable work on the Vanguard. Going from pedal to carb instead of the governor. We'll get there. Anybody need a complete G9 motor? Needs rings for sure, everything is there,have a video of it running.

Comment

Couldn't find a company that sold a kit for a Honda, bought a complete kit for a 23HP Vanguard from Cart Parts Plus. Got the high performance cam and rev kit installed.
                      Just started it last weekend and was very impressed.
                      The kit comes with everything, no cutting or welding involved unless you want to.
                      Started without the muffler, sounded really good, put the muffler on and I don't think it is louder than stock G9. Think I'm gonna like it!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Looks like a nice install kit.

Comment

having trouble with 94 g9 Yamaha cart losing power climbing grades, just installed a new coil and carb, new plug and fuel and air filter. any ideas? run great on level ground.

Comment

Moved to engines
                            Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Bob Bird View Post
                              having trouble with 94 g9 Yamaha cart losing power climbing grades, just installed a new coil and carb, new plug and fuel and air filter. any ideas? run great on level ground.
                              Hi Bob Bird, try creating a thread in the Yamaha Gas channel for more direct support
                              Regards

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X