Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum - need help with 1988 EZGO 2-stroke starting but not running

Hey Everyone,

New user to the forum, but have used it as a resource many times in the past.

I have a 1988 EZGO 2-stroke gas cart. It has stopped running recently and I have been troubleshooting for the past few weeks. The engine runs great, and still does start as soon as the pedal is hit. The issue I have is with the drive. When the pedal is engaged the motor turns but the drive does not engage. I have went through and cleaned up all of the terminals, and looked for any look or severed wires - no issues. I am starting to think possibly the clutch may be part of the issue? But if the clutch was the problem wouldn’t it still engage from time to time? Another idea I got from forums and videos is with the solenoid. Is this worth my time reviewing and investigating? Or could this be transmission related?

If anyone can offer help it would greatly be appreciated - I am relatively handy, but overall new to golf carts and am running out of ideas with this issue! If pictures would help just let me now.

Thanks in advance.
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X