Old fart fabricator/metalshaper. New to golf carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old fart fabricator/metalshaper. New to golf carts

Hi Guys. I am a retired metalshaper and fabricator. Just purchased a 1984 Yamaha D1 basket case (literally 3 baskets of parts) just to play with on flat ground. If I can get it running, I'll build a custom body from aluminum. Im going to repower it with a 4 stroke but have to come up with a reversing mechanism. I have an old lawn mower transmission laying around that I might use. I'll have questions. Be nice, I'm old and have never messed with a golf cart.

Here is a car I've been building for 15 years. All hand made.
    20200719_161601.jpg

Posted earlier by Pinkertonk View Post
    Hi Guys. I am a retired metalshaper and fabricator. Just purchased a 1984 Yamaha D1 basket case (literally 3 baskets of parts) just to play with on flat ground. If I can get it running, I'll build a custom body from aluminum. Im going to repower it with a 4 stroke but have to come up with a reversing mechanism. I have an old lawn mower transmission laying around that I might use. I'll have questions. Be nice, I'm old and have never messed with a golf cart.

Here is a car I've been building for 15 years. All hand made.

Howdy! Sounds like you've got some serious metalwork skills there, partner! Retired metalshaper and fabricator, huh? That's impressive! Your project with that Yamaha sounds like a heap of fun. Three baskets of parts?? Building a custom body from aluminum sure sounds like a cool project!

And wow, that car you've been handcraftin for 15 years looks like a labor of love! Truly impressive work partner. Feel free to swing those questions round here, folks are friendly and always up for lendin a hand

Comment

From a guy who works some with metal... WOW! very impressive.

Comment

Thank you! The RV RESORT we've wintered at for the last 10 years, made us get rid of our storage trailers. With no where to keep it, I sold it for $3000.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X