Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

I got a 2005 EZGO TXT PDS from my mom to help me exercise my dog after I quit walking so well due to MS. The dog and I are out nearly every evening at sundown, him running beside the cart with his leash wrapped firmly around my wrist, for about a mile to mile-and-a-half trot. He COULD outrun the cart (36V at 50A won't take the cart at its top speed), but after the dog wrenched his knee (likely from toenails getting too long after a battery charging issue - knee surgery cost $$$) he too is speed-limited.

I have replaced messy and unreliable lead-acid batteries with lithium batteries from Smart Battery - and though I think I have the kinks worked out now, it wasn't as uneventful as I had hoped.

I also realize that the wiring on the cart has been altered, so the beeper for reverse/diagnostics doesn't work - among other obvious issues.

But mostly, outside of an issue that I have posted in the appropriate tech forum, the golf cart has been a positive aspect of daily life: quiet, generally trouble-free, and approachable by neighbors. Gets me out of the house each day, and keeps the dog relaxed and docile.

Thanks for making the forums available. I look forward to seeing where or if I can contribute.
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X