I cant make it stay running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant make it stay running!

I have a 2011 Electric Yamaha YDREX,. I bought it just over 2 years ago, and other then a minor issue with terminal corrosion a few months back, it has been a good buy. The problem is the unit will run, but very slowly, you have to barely touch the pedal, if you smash it, it just quits. If you let off the pedal, it makes 2 clicks, and you can start the process again. I have a multi-meter?, I really dont know how to use it, I set it on the DCV 20 and I put the red lead in the bottom right and the black in the one above that.

The cart has 6 batteries, so the little I know I assume it is a 48 volt cart. This may be laughable, but I assume that each puts out (or should) 8 volts? Testing them they are 9.1, 9.6, 9.7, 8.5, 8.8 and 8.5. I saw on here someone talking about total (I cant remember what they called it) and I have no idea how you read that, I guess you have some thing on your cart that does that, that I do not have.

I dont like taking stuff to shops if I dont have to, but I would in a NY Minute on this go round, I have no idea what I am doing. Mayberry just does not have any shops, well they have one, but I dont trust them and simply do not want to do business with them.

So I though I would throw my issue out there. If I thought it was simply a matter of replacing batteries, I would do it...it would be costly, but I could do it. I just hate to replace 6 batteries and it does not fix the issue. I realize it is almost impossible to help someone in a situation like this! I just though if the symptoms were something others had experienced, they could point me in a direction. Thanks for reading, and if you can help, it would be appreciated!

And while I have your ear, incase it is a battery issue, can anyone recommend a quality battery that will last that will not break the bank?

Updated by Bentley Meredith; October 24, 2018, 08:53 PM.
Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X