295 cc Keeps running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 295 cc Keeps running

Sometimes my Ezgo 1999 295cc keeps turning over after I stop. Checked the micro-switch and it seems to be ok. It doesn't do it all the time but seems to do it more after a long run. Any ideas. Thanks

Should be solved with a simple throttle or foot pedal cable adjustment.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti. I pushed the pedal quite a few times and it looks like it opens and closes the switch everytime.

Comment

It is also possible that the microswitch is going bad.
        Regards

Comment

Have you tried to hit the solenoid with a screwdriver handle and see if it turns off? I had the same problem and as soon as i hit the solenoid it turned off.

Comment

I know this is a little old but here goes any way. Valve gaping is everything to those engines and should be checked on a regular basis. Valve gaping is .004 on all the valves and should only be done when the engine is cold. When I had one of those engines in my cart, I had that issue once in a while. I also dealt with back firing and loss of power. I would recheck the valves and they were off. It only takes about 10min to check them. Just be careful not to tear the valve cover gasket

Comment

Thanks, I checked the valves and put in a new solenoid. It seems to have fixed all my problems. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X