No Forward or reverse then no reverse after replacing F/R Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Forward or reverse then no reverse after replacing F/R Switch

This is a hard one: Driving my 1998 EZGO TXT 36V and it stopped dead in its tracks while negotiation a short medium incline. Since I can't physically do a lot these days, I called a guy.

This is what he said and did: Solenoid made clicking sound in both forward and reverse, but no movement in the drive, so he replaced the F/R switch as there were burn marks on several spots on the switch. After replacing F/R switch, cart drives in forward but not in reverse and no clicking sound from solenoid in reverse gear. So, the guy told me it was a controller problem so I told him to replace it with a new one. He did so, but still no movement in reverse. Now the guy said the motor is bad but when I questioned him about his price to replace ($1299) he got mad and sent the cart back to me with just forward gear.

I am surely not an expert, but I was under the impression that if the motor turned forward in that gear, and when going in reverse, it is just a matter of reversing polarity on the motor.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X