Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a new to me, EZGO 2005 36 volt electric with rear seat. It runs about 9 foot in length and is around 800 lbs (I think). Need help figuring out how to trailer it home about 60 miles from a camping resort in Virginia. I have purchased a 5X10 utility trailer. It has 4 tie down D clips in front and rear. Any advice on tie down straps (size, quality, strength), how and where to strap cart to trailer, would be greatly appreciated. I care about doing it right and safely. Look forward to learning what it takes to enjoy my latest toy.

to GCF Jim!
    Your cart's dry weight without batteries and rear seat is 550 lbs, add a seat and batteries it will weigh about 1,200 lbs.
    If you have a windshield, tow the cart facing forward.
    If it can fold down then do so and secure the winshield so it doesn't blow up in the wind. If it doesn't fold you can tow with it attached but it would be safer to remove the windshield.
    Load the cart as far forward in the trailer as possible to keep the weight over the axles.
    You can strap it down with a couple of straps of the 2" to 4" size, whatever you have.
    Here is a photo of a cart strapped down to a trailer:
    Note it has only 1 strap and the windshield is folded but not secured.
    Attached Files
    Updated by dougmcp; October 24, 2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

First welcome. When I carry mine on a trailer I either hook like the picture shows or around the front frame to each front corner of the trailer.
      Which camp resort in Va are you at. We stay at Wilderness in Spotsylvannia.

Mike
      Updated by mljstar; October 24, 2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jim! Glad to have you here!

Matti
        Regards

Comment

Doug, thanks for the picture and welcome. Mike I camp and ride my cart at the North Fork resort in Front Royal Va. One follow on question. Is it necessary to tie down both front and rear of the cart for transport, or is a single strap enough? Should I look for a particular "break or load strength" or "size strap"? Thanks again for the welcomes. Should I be asking these questions in a more focused "thread" ?

Comment

I don't think straps are that critical but tying down in 2 places makes good sense. Ideally the suspension would be tied down but straps across the body are fine as well.
            Post up a photo of your trailer or a link to the manufacturer and let's have a look.

Comment

Posted earlier by Retired Jim View Post
              Doug, thanks for the picture and welcome. Mike I camp and ride my cart at the North Fork resort in Front Royal Va. One follow on question. Is it necessary to tie down both front and rear of the cart for transport, or is a single strap enough? Should I look for a particular "break or load strength" or "size strap"? Thanks again for the welcomes. Should I be asking these questions in a more focused "thread" ?
              Since its getting detailed I moved the whole thread to the EZGO electric forum. Continue on!
              Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X