Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf cart problem

Golf cart won't start, battery started my car so I know its not that...When I press the gas pedal half way down and pump it in that area it has some power but not enough to turn motor. When I totally depress gas pedal nothing happens...Took the generator/starter off after dismantling half the club car but may have gotten ahead of myself....maybe its a relay, solenoid?? I'm a rookie at this. This cart is on an island and its my parents at their summer home. They would charge an arm and a leg their to get it fixed. The serial number on this AG9626-506178...Its a Club Car gas operated and that's all I know. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also the generator/starter part number appears to be 1018294-01 (CCW)....12V 0.9HP

Sometimes, even a slight looseness in the belt can prevent the starter from generating enough force to crank the engine. One common issue that can affect starter performance is the tension of the starter belt. If the belt is too loose, it may slip or not engage the starter pulley properly, causing the starter motor to appear to struggle or not spin at all. A simple adjustment to tighten the belt might resolve the issue. Here is a similar thread with more information on how to adjust the starter belt tension.

If after adjusting the belt tension the problem persists, there could be other factors at play such as dirty, loose or broken electrical grounds. Ensure all electrical connections are clean and securely fastened to maintain proper flow of electricity to the starter motor. Additionally, over time, the brushes inside the starter motor can wear out, affecting their ability to make good contact with the commutator. Similarly, inspecting and cleaning the commutator surface can improve performance. Lastly, a faulty solenoid could also prevent the starter motor from engaging properly with the engine. Feel free to post back with your results and we can go into further detail.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X