Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 DS hesitation on downhill only (gas).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 DS hesitation on downhill only (gas).

Hello!

I am confused why my cart started doing a strange "loss of power" and then picks back up when going down hills. You can actually here the engine bog down for 1 second then pick up for a second and back and forth, but only going down a hill. I did notice the rubber from the gas cap is now in the gas tank....and I will need to remove it.

I wonder if 1) rubber got sucked up into the hose and / or 2) now the seal on the gas cap is gone (it is) and air is getting into the tank and causing it.

Any ideas or a lost to run down to correct?

New spark plug and battery this season......

Thx!!!!!

Kawasaki engine......

i don't think the air in fuel tank would cause any problems. i'd get the rubber seal out of tank first. sounds like the rpm limiter could be turning the ignition off... have you adjusted the governor or throttle cable for more speed? does the engine backfire?

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
      i don't think the air in fuel tank would cause any problems. i'd get the rubber seal out of tank first. sounds like the rpm limiter could be turning the ignition off... have you adjusted the governor or throttle cable for more speed? does the engine backfire?
      Hi wthompson!

I have never messed with the governor or cable and it just started doing it. I started wondering if the last time i washed it something got wet? Could the RPM limiter be bad? Sometimes it will actually "bang" with a backfire, but again, only while going down a hill. It seems strange that it doesn't do it otherwise.

I am willing to try anything to fix it since we live in a very hilly neighborhood.

THX!

Comment

you can disconnect the ground wire on rpm limiter. This will not allow it to ground the ignition. The rpm limiter is located next to the oil filter and has a wire connected to one of the bolts securing it to the engine, disconnect it and test drive. Let us know...

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
          you can disconnect the ground wire on rpm limiter. This will not allow it to ground the ignition. The rpm limiter is located next to the oil filter and has a wire connected to one of the bolts securing it to the engine, disconnect it and test drive. Let us know...
          I was going to remove the ground wire and noticed a wire was not connected to anything. Should it be hooked to something? If it is, maybe that was the issue. If not, then I will take off the ground and go down our hill. Really appreciate the help!!!

pic attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the rpm limiter has been replaced at some point in time. That wire loose wire connects to the igniter on the 1995-97 CC gas carts. The newer rpm limiter has the igniter built in it so you don't use that wire anymore. Remove the brown wire and test drive.

Comment

Ok...finally had a chance to take the wire off and give it a run. It was better and didn't "rev" up and down while going down a hill. What does it mean now? I hope it isn't a new RPM Limiter... I read somewhere that adjusting the governor may help as well.

The disconnected wire was definitely needed for the cart to run (must be the original or like).....it wouldn't turn over and I plugged it back in. Not sure how it was running disconnected, but that part is fine now.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated as I am learning a ton all the time about these carts!!!

Comment

the hose coming off the bottom of the fuel pump, pull it off the fuel pump & blow into it- do you hear anything in it? like oil? going down a hill will tilt all oil to the front of the motor, this is where that line goes to. had many pushin oil up into that hose- wich stops the fuel pump from working till the motor quits then the oil drains back into the crank case and it will restart. if so change that line to a 5/16 instead of 1/4. more room in the line and the fuel pump can still work. hope this helps.

Comment

Posted earlier by pistolsrepair View Post
                  the hose coming off the bottom of the fuel pump, pull it off the fuel pump & blow into it- do you hear anything in it? like oil? going down a hill will tilt all oil to the front of the motor, this is where that line goes to. had many pushin oil up into that hose- wich stops the fuel pump from working till the motor quits then the oil drains back into the crank case and it will restart. if so change that line to a 5/16 instead of 1/4. more room in the line and the fuel pump can still work. hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the reply....i will try it tonight! Is it ok to do when the cart is flat or should i incline it a bit? Also, if i hear something in the line, that is my indication to change to a larger hose?

Comment

I took off the hose and blew into it.....it was very clear. Also, I took the fuel pump apart and it was pretty clean. Carb cleaning next? Going down hills still revs up and down......not on flat or uphill.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X