how to hook up a radio in a 48v club cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to hook up a radio in a 48v club cart

hello guys it will be help full if you can tell me the right way to hook up a radio in my dads club car its a 48v cart ..............help please thanks and by the way how CAN I MAKE IT FASTER FOR HIM thanks again hani

Hey hani, you will need a voltage reducer. Something 48-12 or 24-12 (string it to half the batteries). You may want to look into motor upgrades for some more speed, not too crazy or may need to swap out controllers
    Regards

Comment

where do i get wire diagram for 2005 48v club car precedent

Comment

Look at the radio instructions and see if it will work on 16 volts. Most radio will handle up to 18 volts seeing how a car alternator puts out almost 16 volts when the car is at speed. So most radio's are fine on 2 - 8 volts which is 16 volts.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
          Look at the radio instructions and see if it will work on 16 volts.
          This is pretty accurate. The average radio (any automotive electronic) is designed to run smoothly from 10-16v. This is because the automotive alternator runs at up to 14.4 when above roughly 2300 RPMs. But since the automotive environment can get really inconsistant at times, automotive electronics tend to run on the safe side and allow for those "hiccups" that vehicles tend to have. Like andy said, check with the specs of the product, believe it or not, the more generic the product, the more then tend to sway on low to high voltage acceptance. This is because they use very very inexpensive components that are not as tight on tolerance. For example, you'll might fry an Alpine or Nakamichi in a heartbeat at 16 volts, but a Jensen or Pyramid, might work fine. My biggest concern would be while it's being charged. The output on the battery chargers tend to put out a LOT more voltage than they should. Make sure you kill all power to the radio before plugging in the charger. To be on the safe side, you should buy, or build, a voltage reducer/converter and DEFINITELY check the specs on the radio that's being installed.

BTW, if you decide to use an amplifier, most amps will LOVE 16 volts (of course your ride time will be greatly reduced, but you can JAM for a few miles :P)
          If at first you don't succeed, scrap everything, burn the r&d center to the ground, then file and insurance claim stating you did succeed.

Comment

Kinda loosely related.......

Are you going to use the radio?? Or are you going to use the cd player or aux jack??

We went round and round about this a couple weeks ago and kinda discouraged a different member that had questions regarding antenna placement and ground plane.

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...-problems.html

Comment

That's a good point timflury, one thing people can do is use a "hidden antenna". These are ungrounded, usually flat, antenna that can be fitted under the deck. I have one on one of my motorcycles and it works great. Of course I RARELY use the radio since I have the pandora app on my iPhone, but when I do, I appreciate the antenna. You can find them by googling "hidden radio antenna". There are some chinese ones on eBay for about $4 but I can't vouch for the actual functionality on those, I've only used the mr. gasket version, which runs about $30. I hope that helps anyone else that was curious about antenna placement; hidden.
              If at first you don't succeed, scrap everything, burn the r&d center to the ground, then file and insurance claim stating you did succeed.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X