Cart running slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart running slowly

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent electric 48v cart. The cart runs fine until I stop and engage the parking brake, put the cart in neutral, and then in forward again. The cart then goes into limp mode and will only go 10 mph. I can reset it by putting flipping to tow mode and then back to run. It then runs fine again. It will run fine until I engage the parking brake and flip to neutral then drive again. I have installed new batteries, a new solenoid, and a new speed sensor. I also tested the MCOR and it tested okay. Any ideas of what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like your Club Car Precedent is playing a bit of a game of "let's slow down" after engaging the parking brake and shifting gears. You've already tackled some crucial replacements and tests, but the persistence of this issue might require a bit more sleuthing.

One thing that could be worth investigating further is the brake switch or its connections. Sometimes, issues with the brake switch can trigger a cart into a sort of safety mode, limiting its speed. Check the connections and functionality of the brake switch to ensure it's engaging and disengaging properly when the parking brake is applied and released.

Another potential area to explore could be the wiring and connections around the parking brake system. Loose or damaged connections in this circuit might be causing a glitch in the system, triggering the cart to limit its speed as a safety measure.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X