No announcement yet.

2013 Club Car Precedent accelerates normally then slows down only first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Club Car Precedent accelerates normally then slows down only first time

Hello all. I have been really going crazy with this problem I am having.
    I replaced the lead acid batteries with a roypow 48v 105Ah RoyPow Lithium Ion battery on my 2013 Club car precedent.

1st issue
    The cart would "jump" into gear when pressing the accelerator to the floor. - Replacing the MCOR fixed that issue!
    2nd issue
    cart would only run at 1/2 speed with accelerator all the way to the floor - replaced the speed sensor and corrected problem

The problem that remains is making me ABSOLUTELY crazy.

Every time when I drive the cart, the first time I start and push the accelerator to the floor, it accelerates normally up to about 15mph-19mph. At that point the cart will stop accelerating for about 5 seconds before proceeding to jump back up to the full speed of 25mph. After that initial stutter the cart will run normally. I can stop and then accelerate normally. It is ONLY the first time accelerating after the cart sits for a while.

I am looking for any ideas on what the problem may be or where to start looking. I really thought replacing the speed sensor was going to solve the problem but it still exists.

Thank you in advance.

Given that you've already tackled the MCOR and the speed sensor, which commonly address such acceleration irregularities, another component worth examining might be the controller itself. In some cases, an intermittent fault within the controller could cause momentary delays or glitches during acceleration.

However, before delving into the controller, a detailed inspection of the wiring connections from the battery to the controller, as well as around the throttle mechanism, might be beneficial. Loose or faulty connections can cause intermittent issues, especially during the initial acceleration.

Since the problem seems to occur specifically during the first acceleration after the cart sits for a while, temperature might also play a role. Components could be affected by temperature variations, causing temporary disruptions. Checking for any heat-related issues or conducting tests under different temperature conditions might reveal more clues.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X