Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Club Car Upgrade Gone Wrong

Hello,

I am really hoping that someone can help me!

I have a 1995 Club Car DS 48 Volt Electric golf cart that I recently upgraded. I have installed 6 brand new Duracell 8 volt batteries with all brand new 4-gauge cables (getting/holding a charge), a brand new motor, a brand new Alltrax 500 amp controller with solenoid with all brand new 4-gauge wiring ( motor, controller and solenoid are a matched kit). I also replaced my f/r switch with a heavy duty one.

After installing all these brand new parts, golf cart takes off like a shot but then dies out after a few minutes. I still have a full 51.5 volts on the batteries (collectively) and I am pulling down to 46 volts when the cart takes off. Re-checked all my wiring using schematics and re-checked all wiring connections to ensure they are clean and tight.

Not sure if I did something wrong or if there is something I overlooked when upgrading... maybe the potentiometer/MCOR needs to be replaced?

​​​​​​​I need help! I've been working on this thing all summer and haven't been able to drive it yet!!

When a cart takes off but then dies out after a short while, even with a good voltage reading, it could indeed be a problem with the potentiometer. Given that you've replaced numerous parts and the wiring seems to be in order, the potentiometer might be the culprit.

The potentiometer controls the speed of the cart based on the position of the accelerator pedal. If it's malfunctioning, it could cause the cart to cut out unexpectedly. Since you've already upgraded several components, it might be worth looking into the potentiometer or the accelerator pedal assembly to ensure it's functioning properly.

Additionally, check for any loose connections or potential shorts in the wiring harness around these components. Sometimes, even a minor connection issue can cause intermittent problems like the one you're experiencing.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X