Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping I can find some information here for my new cart that we just bought Monday. Here's what I know.

1. It's a 2004 Club Car DS that lived a previous life as a golf course fleet vehicle, it's in rough shape cosmetically.
    2. It's 48V with batteries that are 2 years old. I'm hoping that with my limited use I can stretch them out another 3-5 years.
    3. It's nasty green, so it's getting taken apart and painted over the next 3 weeks.
    4. Tire's a in decent shape, only has 2 wheel covers, but the wheels are in decent shape. Looking to order some more 8 inch black steel wheels to replace these, and keep the existing ones as spares.
    5. Suspension is ok, but really needs refreshing. I'm thinking about a complete refresh on the front including all steering components, and definitely HD leafs in the rear for when we put the back seat on.
    6. Upholstery is decent, just has a gash in the drivers front corner, but like I said, it lived a rough life previously. I'm going to recover and refoam the front bottom seat and recover the back rest.
    7. Motor is still pretty peppy, but I'm considering an upgraded controller, and shipping the motor off to Plum Quick for the Bandit rebuild.

All in all the cart is in decent condition and for $900 I think I got a good deal, especially since there's a lot I want to do to this thing. It's mainly just a go between from my house to my in-laws (about a quarter mile), and when we go camping to get around the camp site ($35 a day adds up over time). I'm not trying to build a show cart or anything, just something that's comfy and fun to drive around the neighborhood.

I'm really glad I found this forum and I hope I can contribute at some level.

Thanks
Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X