This term specifically names a part on electric Club Car golf carts. They were used on both resistor and early electronic control Club Cars. If your cart has a V-Glide, you will find it under the driver side seat between the batteries. It looks like a black triangular case (see attached picture).

What does a V-Glide Do?
It is used to direct electricity from the batteries to a series of resistors mounted near the motor to restrict the flow of electricity to the motor, and in this manner, controlling speed.

Club Car did away with the V-Glide system in their newer models, and now use what is called a MCOR motor control. If you own a different make golf cart such as EZGO or Yamaha, you may refer to a V-Glide as a POT box.
Attached Files