intake valve problem on eh29c engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake valve problem on eh29c engine

hello i have a 95 jacobsen gxj 810 with a robin eh29c engine. i replaced the valves about a year ago and have adjusted them once a month to .4000 but the adjusting screws on the intake valves show me that the valves need replacing again. i laped the valves in the head with valve grinding compound replaced the guides and seals.what could cause the intake valves to wear this quick? thanks for any advice.rat patrol

Posted earlier by rat patrol View Post
    but the adjusting screws on the intake valves show me that the valves need replacing again. rat patrol
    How do you determine the valves are bad by the adjusting screw?

Comment

i have to keep adjusting the intake valves to maintain the .4000 gap therefore the adjusting screws have 3/8" more threads showing than the exhaust.

Comment

i took the head off my engine today and one of the intake valves had gone up into the head and the other one was close.i replaced the valves about a year ago.are the valves supposed to wear that fast ? when i replace them and adjust to .004 it runs like new again.thanks for any feedback. rat patrol.

Comment

Not sure I read this right. If the valve has gone up into the head the seat is either gone or bad in the head. You sure the seat is intact? Can you post a pix?
          Updated by Larry1950; December 22, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X