Yahama G14 won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahama G14 won't run

I have a G14 had a broken choke inside carb so replaced with a new one.New gas new plug. It trys to start.It pops so its trying to fire.I noticed on new carb gas jet is only 1/4 turn out.Is that right or like a car should be open 1 1/2 or more.I'm Stuck.

Kinda need a little better info on the carb. Don't understand how a choke can be broken inside the carb. Anyway is it a new carb or a take off from another engine? The "gas jet" I think you are taking about is the idle mixture screw, it should start at about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns from gently bottomed out. Is the plug wet or blackened? It could be anything from a sticking float to an air leak to ignition causing your problem. Did the choke butterfly break? If so there might be a piece of the butterfly in the intake. 2 or 4 stroke?

Comment

I have the butterfly but two screws or rivets I hope are in the bowl and not in intake.Haven't had time to look at. I will back out screw on new carb.I will check selonoid and look at brushes on starter.Has a new battery.I will update when I can.Thanks for help

Comment

2 screws were not in the bowl of old carb.Getting spark to [plug but still not starting.Noticed 2 gas inline filters but not full of gas. pulled line from fuel pump and working.backfires when trying to start but starter will not kick in.Solenoid reads 11.7 while pedal down and battery constant 12.3.Pulled plug and getting gas as it was wet.Any Ideas.Thanks

Comment

If the screws are missing that held the butterfly in place they had no place to go except the intake. Not good. A wet plug means too much fuel, lack of compression, lack of spark, fouled plug. Start with a compression test, you need at least 100 psi. Since I have little info on a G14 motor is it a 2 or 4 stroke. A compression test will tell a lot, but I suspect that if the screws went in the intake there is damage to valves, piston, cylinder, etc.

Comment

Trading in on a raised newer cart.He knows the history so willing to take it.Thanks for help.

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X