Delaware Veterans Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Veterans Home

This will be the third year for the Delaware Veterans Home Bike and Car show. I would like to expand that to include carts. I know the residents would get a thrill out of seeing them and maybe we can talk some of you into giving a couple rides around the lot.
    The proceeds from this event go to the residents of the home. They can use the money for whatever personal needs they have. The first year we had 85 registrants and donated almost $1400. Last year we had 142 registrants and donated over $2500. This year I'd like to break the 200 entry mark. Since judging for the trophies and cash awards is by peoples choice, every vehicle has the same opportunity to win.
    This year the event is scheduled for October 20, beginning at 9am and closing at 3pm. The event is sponsored by The Vietnam Veterans Association of America, Delaware Council and Chapters. I am the event coordinator so pm me for any questions you may have. Come on out and give these veterans a real thrill byshowing off your cart.
    Denny

Sounds like a cool deal. Wished I lived closer to attend.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea and maybe those members attending and not displaying their carts could take a shift and drive handicapped people from point A to point B in the show.

Comment

Denny, I'm in the Long Neck area. Where is the home located? Keep me posted please.
        Ken

Comment

Thanks Ken:
          It's at the Delware Veterns Home property On airport rd in Milford. I will keep this thread alive as time goes on.

Comment

I have attached a flyer for the upcoming car, bike and cart show. Keep it in mind and pass around the information. I have no doubt the residents will be over joyed with the site of a bunch of custom carts cruising around.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just a bump to keep this show in your mind. We have less than two months to go.

Comment

Less than 48 hours until the show. We have received permission to conduct a few golf cart drag races. I think this is going to be a fun day for all. We have also received confirmation from two cart builders that they will be there with a couple carts for sale.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X