Great job!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=371507332921392
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=317188435019949
    sorry I forgot to post the finish pics.
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; March 26, 2014, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    just an update so far 425 tickets have been sold along with over $100 in donations people have made in the tub with the tickets thanks for all the support
    Updated by dwon5; June 12, 2012, 06:37 PM. Reason: grammer problems

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    with the amps I've got going to the motor it'll turn them over no matter what the surface the cart is on but i advise you not do that on stones or grass/dirt if someone is behind you

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    I love this picture.

I want a set of those fat tires for mine.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    here is the link to the facebook page for this cart. It's all there https://www.facebook.com/2012GolfCartRafle

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    the shifter housing , boot and trim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    i just noticed that the tire shop mounted one of the front tires the wrong direction. oops

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    first attempt at posting video. I'll take more with the cart moving and show the speed on the speedometer tomorrow. still need to put the housing around the shifter and some other things yet, like powder coating the roll bar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrAZBRfkZo
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael Eddie
    replied
    I love it! Thanks so much for the updates! !!!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well every thing is wired. the drive system cables are 2/0 welding cable. the micro switches are instaled for the f/r on the shifter and wired to the reversing contactor. the rest of the pictures explain themselves. the rear tires are 12 inches wide
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    The golf cart is a 1976 Club Car Caroche concept streetrod. It has been completely rebuilt for 48 volt electric high performence drive system . All the electrical components and wiring are brand new. It has a Curtis 400 amp 48 volt controller, 400 amp 48 volt soliniod, a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC and the motor was completely rebuilt and up-graded by Plum Quick motors and comes with a worrenty. The golf cart is street legal with low and high beam halogen headlights, led brake/tail lights , turn signals and 4 way emergency flashers along with seat belts. It has blue underbody lights. It has hydrolic brakes that were completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake lines and of course new brake shoes. The tire are brand new Hoosier's on the front (18.5 x 6 -10) and rear (20.5 x 10 - 10) of the cart along with new rims. It has a GPS speedometer, state of charge meter and a hours of use meter. The body has been customized for this project. The paint job is brand new. The seats were custom made by Par5 customs, out of marine grade material and roll bar was custom made for this cart. It has a reverse camera that is ran through the rear view monitor. The monitor has two different vidio inputs, one for seeing behind you just like a rearview mirror and when stationary it can be used as a moniter for playing movies. The in dash stareo is a Pyle PLD96MU am/fm-mpx,DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/MP3/MP4 player receiver with usb/sd/mmc card reader built in, with an output of 4x80 rms (320 watts total power). It has a built in 12 volt charge receptical for charging cell phones, I-pod and other personal electronic devises. The windsheild and frame were custom made for this project. All the wheel bearing have been replaced. It has a B&M shifter with locking bar that has been modified for this build. The cart comes with brand new napa 8148, 8 volt deep cycle batteries (6) and a new 12 volt deep cycle battery. It has a new built in charger for the 12 volt system and comes with a new 48 volt charger for the drive system The motor, radio, speedometer, controller and both chargers come with a 1 year limited worrenty
    Updated by dwon5; March 20, 2012, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well most of the drive system is in and wiring started. all the 16 & 14 gage is done both for the 48 volt and the 12 volt systems. the last picture is the micro switch for the brakes. next thing is installing the batteries and the the cables for that system. as soon as I can remember where I put the 2 micro switches then I'll install them on the shifter for forward and reverse
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    to see where the cart will be at for raffle tickets look in the golf-cart-rides-meets-events section of this forum

Leave a comment:

• Michael Eddie
    replied
    All right! Keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    Very Cool man. David I look forward to see you and the cart in Charlotte!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    camera is mounted on the truck lid and wired to the rear view monitor also is the letter from make a wish about this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
    Nice, so what does the left hand pedal do? It would be cool to hook it to an Oogah horn or something.
    the left hand pedal is the parking brake. the black dot on the right hand edge of the picture is the horn button
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Nice, so what does the left hand pedal do? It would be cool to hook it to an Oogah horn or something.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    to answer the question--the old F/R switch is history in it's place will be the B&M shifter, 2 ezgo micro switches and a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC Coils
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; February 18, 2012, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Very nice.
    Are you using a F/R switch or the pedals to change direction?

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    next will be wiring the speedo and then the rear view monitor and camera

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    okay today I'm installing the turnsignal kit, the wiring for the lights , the state of charge meter, the hour meter,the horn, the pot box and the controller.
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; February 18, 2012, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Charlette motor speedway on the 19th and my wife loves the color purple now she wants a purple motor in her cart! she has no clue but i will put one in, no problemo!
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; February 13, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    Man this thing is going to kick! I hope to see you in April my friend! Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    motor is back from PlumQuick and the mirrors and rear view monitor have arrived
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Very cool to see the parts coming in!
    Looking forward to watching this build.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Eddie
    replied
    ooooh yes! Looking GOOD!!!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well most of the parts are here- tire-gages-pot box & controller (controller was donated by Plumquick),steering wheel & adaptor,pod for the speedo and the underbody light kit. the motor is on it's way back up from PlumQuick, the gear have gone off to college to be schooled in the art of increased speed, the 48 volt 400amp reversing controller and the 48 volt 400amp solenoid are on the way along with the front disc brake kit, the rear view side mirrors and the lcd rearview mirror kit I've ordered new rims and the music system which should be here soon. I guess I better get busy and start puting it all together
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Those look like new.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well the 36 year old gear set is out and ready to go to colege. they're in real good shape for their age
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• blake80
    replied
    Posted earlier by dwon5 View Post
    I have been given the oficial OKEY DOKEY to take the cart out of the northwest ohio region so I'm going to try to go down to oddpowers event and also try to get as far down as your way Andy. that is if i can find a driver to go that far
    I you make it down to myrtle beach, let me know and ill ride up

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Good news
    If I was any closer I'd drive you.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    I have been given the oficial OKEY DOKEY to take the cart out of the northwest ohio region so I'm going to try to go down to oddpowers event and also try to get as far down as your way Andy. that is if i can find a driver to go that far

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Yeah Baby!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    ok here is the math
    4/3=X/3600
    3X=14400
    x=14400/3 thus rpm max power is 4800
    4800rpm 10.5:1 gear ratio 20.5 diameter tires equates to approx.29.3 max mph that should be fast enough for the person that wins the cart maybe not for you Andy (the man with the need for speed) that way the University of Toledo can still do something
    Updated by dwon5; January 30, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    With those specs, somewhere between 23-24mph, can he wind the motor for a faster rpm than 3600?
    Each 200rpm increase from 3600 on the 36v motor will increase the speed 1.3mph at 48v.
    Updated by dougmcp; January 30, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    after discussing this with Robby. He advised that I should not go to that ratio but leave it stock now U Of T wants to have some part in the build I just have to figure out what. If the motor is wound for 3600 rpms at 36volt. If ran at 48 volts and the tire size is actually 20.5 dia. what would that speed be?
    Updated by dwon5; January 30, 2012, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    After thinking about the 8:1 rear gear, I had some other thoughts. If you can get Robby to wind the motor for 36v at 4350rpm, applying 48v to it would give you 5800rpm. That speed with the 18.5" Hoosiers and the stock 12.44 gear ratio will give you a speed of about 26mph.
    I'm not sure that going to an 8:1 rear end will give you enough torque plus if you have the battery power at the same figures as above the speed if you can achieve it would be 40mph and that may be a little too fast for the cart in the hands of the general public.
    Just thinking ahead, considering LSV speeds for street legal carts are limited to 25mph, anything over that may place liabilities on Make-A-Wish that they may not be comfortable with.
    I like speed as much as anyone, my cart runs just about 30mph and it is something that requires paying really close attention.
    Updated by dougmcp; January 30, 2012, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
    That's great! Be sure to let Robby know so the motor will accommodate the 50% taller gear ratio.
    did not think of that thanks Doug

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    Posted earlier by dwon5 View Post
    i want every one to know that the University of Toledo, College of Engineering is going to design and make a 8/1 speed gear set for this cart. Dr. Matt Franchetti is going to oversee the project
    That's great! Be sure to let Robby know so the motor will accommodate the 50% taller gear ratio.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    i want every one to know that the University of Toledo, College of Engineering is going to design and make a 8/1 speed gear set for this cart. Dr. Matt Franchetti is going to oversee the project

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well the motor is boxed and readt to ship of to PLUMQUICK
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    Dave,
    I answered your PM with the Same info but this is for others to watch for.

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

This is one of the biggest car show swap meet's in the country.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    I'LL TRY TO HAVE EVERY IN AND WORKING PROPERLY by then

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    There is the Run to the Sun biggest car show on the east coast. Myrtle beach SC.

http://www.peedeestreetrodders.com/

http://www.peedeestreetrodders.com/registration12.pdf
    Updated by andy4639; January 28, 2012, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
    Good start. I'm going to be keeping tabs on your progress Dave!
    andy when it's done I'm going to try to get down your way. ther has to be some kind of big event down there
    Updated by dwon5; January 28, 2012, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    Good start. I'm going to be keeping tabs on your progress Dave!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well everything is back off the cart all the parts i don't need have been removed now just wait for all the new to get hare. the motor is boxed and redy to ship down to PQ on monday.Mike64 came over and helped keep track of every thing so if i lost anything he'll know where to find it.the parts i do not need any more will be list in parts for sale
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; January 28, 2012, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    ok that is all ordered and I also picked up 40' of wire loom

Leave a comment:

• Coltf1991
    replied
    I'm saying you throw out a proposition I'll put it into work.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    share your some of your ideas

Leave a comment:

• Coltf1991
    replied
    This is exciting!!!!!!! I'm stoked to participate. Is there anything else I can do right now? My head is filled with ideas so if you need help with an idea, let a brother know.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    OK, it's time for part ordering first speedometer ( old style look analog ) then Jake's front disc brake kit then a brand new set of Hoosier's all the way around (front tires Catalog #42050D20, 57/6-10, Tread pattern X, rear tires Catalog #42183D25, 63/10-10, Tread pattern P) then on to 11x10 rear rims to take the rear tires, the 2 digital volt meters, charge receptacle and 48 volt charger. 12 volt charger for light and tunes, already have the under body light kit. I'm thinking 150 watts Sony X-Plode should be sufficient for a stereo marine grade speakers rear view mirrors the batttteries 6-8 volt and 1-12 all deep cycle, turn signal kit and lastly steering wheel. man I'm gonna be busy when all that gets here
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; January 26, 2012, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    well I order the Jake's front disc brake kit for it today. The cart already has a master cylinder so I guess the one that comes with the kit will be going into the "parts for sale catagory". After talking to Jake's I found out it would have cost more to have the kit sepperated and just get the parts i needed, can't wait to get them and put them on (of coarse with pictures ). Blake , Colt , as soon as I've figured out were the best placement for the components will be I'll let you know thanks
    Updated by dwon5; January 26, 2012, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coltf1991
    replied
    72v FTW. Let me know how many lugs you need and what size. (Brandon...)

Leave a comment:

• blake80
    replied
    That's probably the best thing.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    after discussing with various forum members and the people at plum quickthe various drive option 36 - 48 or 36/72 volt set ups. I've come to the conclusion that for safety this cart needs to be limited to 48 volts if the person who at the end of it all want to go faster then that person can have that done by hopefully a cart shop in their area

Leave a comment:

• blake80
    replied
    I heard back last night from my buddy that I'm going to get the cable from. We are ready when you are. What ever size cable you want, just tell me how much and its yours.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    I want every one here to know that when I first posted what I am doing with this cart i just thought you would be interested in seeing the build. I never in my wildest dreams expected the reaction , the enthusiasm and all the offers of help from so many people. the list just keeps getting longer i just hope that the cart will live up to every one's expectations and I will do the best that I can to insure that it does. so many a heartfelt THANK YOUS to every one

Leave a comment:

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X