No announcement yet.

make-a-wish build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer the question--the old F/R switch is history in it's place will be the B&M shifter, 2 ezgo micro switches and a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC Coils
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; February 18, 2012, 07:58 PM.
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Nice, so what does the left hand pedal do? It would be cool to hook it to an Oogah horn or something.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
        Nice, so what does the left hand pedal do? It would be cool to hook it to an Oogah horn or something.
        the left hand pedal is the parking brake. the black dot on the right hand edge of the picture is the horn button
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

camera is mounted on the truck lid and wired to the rear view monitor also is the letter from make a wish about this
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Very Cool man. David I look forward to see you and the cart in Charlotte!
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!
            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

All right! Keep up the great work!
              Regards

Comment

to see where the cart will be at for raffle tickets look in the golf-cart-rides-meets-events section of this forum
                sigpic

Comment

well most of the drive system is in and wiring started. all the 16 & 14 gage is done both for the 48 volt and the 12 volt systems. the last picture is the micro switch for the brakes. next thing is installing the batteries and the the cables for that system. as soon as I can remember where I put the 2 micro switches then I'll install them on the shifter for forward and reverse
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

The golf cart is a 1976 Club Car Caroche concept streetrod. It has been completely rebuilt for 48 volt electric high performence drive system . All the electrical components and wiring are brand new. It has a Curtis 400 amp 48 volt controller, 400 amp 48 volt soliniod, a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC and the motor was completely rebuilt and up-graded by Plum Quick motors and comes with a worrenty. The golf cart is street legal with low and high beam halogen headlights, led brake/tail lights , turn signals and 4 way emergency flashers along with seat belts. It has blue underbody lights. It has hydrolic brakes that were completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake lines and of course new brake shoes. The tire are brand new Hoosier's on the front (18.5 x 6 -10) and rear (20.5 x 10 - 10) of the cart along with new rims. It has a GPS speedometer, state of charge meter and a hours of use meter. The body has been customized for this project. The paint job is brand new. The seats were custom made by Par5 customs, out of marine grade material and roll bar was custom made for this cart. It has a reverse camera that is ran through the rear view monitor. The monitor has two different vidio inputs, one for seeing behind you just like a rearview mirror and when stationary it can be used as a moniter for playing movies. The in dash stareo is a Pyle PLD96MU am/fm-mpx,DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/MP3/MP4 player receiver with usb/sd/mmc card reader built in, with an output of 4x80 rms (320 watts total power). It has a built in 12 volt charge receptical for charging cell phones, I-pod and other personal electronic devises. The windsheild and frame were custom made for this project. All the wheel bearing have been replaced. It has a B&M shifter with locking bar that has been modified for this build. The cart comes with brand new napa 8148, 8 volt deep cycle batteries (6) and a new 12 volt deep cycle battery. It has a new built in charger for the 12 volt system and comes with a new 48 volt charger for the drive system The motor, radio, speedometer, controller and both chargers come with a 1 year limited worrenty
                    Updated by dwon5; March 20, 2012, 11:16 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

well every thing is wired. the drive system cables are 2/0 welding cable. the micro switches are instaled for the f/r on the shifter and wired to the reversing contactor. the rest of the pictures explain themselves. the rear tires are 12 inches wide
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

I love it! Thanks so much for the updates! !!!
                        Regards

Comment

first attempt at posting video. I'll take more with the cart moving and show the speed on the speedometer tomorrow. still need to put the housing around the shifter and some other things yet, like powder coating the roll bar
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrAZBRfkZo
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

i just noticed that the tire shop mounted one of the front tires the wrong direction. oops
                            sigpic

Comment

the shifter housing , boot and trim
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

here is the link to the facebook page for this cart. It's all there https://www.facebook.com/2012GolfCartRafle
                                sigpic

Comment

I love this picture.

I want a set of those fat tires for mine.

sigpic
                                  I'm here to help!
                                  There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

with the amps I've got going to the motor it'll turn them over no matter what the surface the cart is on but i advise you not do that on stones or grass/dirt if someone is behind you
                                    sigpic

Comment

just an update so far 425 tickets have been sold along with over $100 in donations people have made in the tub with the tickets thanks for all the support
                                      Updated by dwon5; June 12, 2012, 06:37 PM. Reason: grammer problems
                                      sigpic

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=371507332921392
                                        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=317188435019949
                                        sorry I forgot to post the finish pics.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Updated by dwon5; March 26, 2014, 09:35 PM.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                          X