X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy4639
    replied
    dwon5,
    When we were talking the other nite I knew Robby would do it but wanted to talk with him first. I'm glad you got with him though. He is a great guy and his whole family is that way!
    It's a honor for me to know them.

What ever you need just ask I will do my best to get it are help with it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Eddie
    replied
    Great support so far guys!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
    A generous and unselfish step for PlumQuick to the Make-a-Wish cart!
    And a round of applause to those on this site who have also volunteered their products and services.
    that is what makes this site great. thank you to everyone

Leave a comment:

• dougmcp
    replied
    A generous and unselfish step for PlumQuick to the Make-a-Wish cart!
    And a round of applause to those on this site who have also volunteered their products and services.
    Updated by dougmcp; January 25, 2012, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    this will be the last time you see this motor looking like this! THE FOLKS AT PLUM QUICK HAVE OFFERED TO UP-GRADE THE MOTOR AT NO I REPEAT NO COST!! LET GIVE THEM A ROUND OF APLAUSE!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    i just want to thank everybody for the support in this endeavor. i want to start showing it at events and locations every weekend by the end of April and run it until mid August like i did the Harley.
    Updated by dwon5; January 24, 2012, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    Posted earlier by dwon5 View Post
    in the Harley cart i did last year it was kept at 36 volts the picture shows the bat cables and the hd solenoids the cables will be the same size but i wont use clark fork lift parts in this one. they confused a few golf cart mechs that checked the cart uot at some of the different shows it was at. i used a curtis 400 amp contreller on that one
    Sounds like you are going to have a lot of helpers on this one!
    Good to hear. I'm going up to PQ next week I will talk to Robby then.
    How long do we have to build this cart? Just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Eddie
    replied
    Stickers make everything faster. I'll send you a couple GCF stickers

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    in the Harley cart i did last year it was kept at 36 volts the picture shows the bat cables and the hd solenoids the cables will be the same size but i wont use clark fork lift parts in this one. they confused a few golf cart mechs that checked the cart uot at some of the different shows it was at. i used a curtis 400 amp contreller on that one
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Coltf1991
    replied
    I'll send battery lugs depending on size cable used. Or anything else I can aid in

Leave a comment:

• blake80
    replied
    Kool. Just let me know and ill pick up the cable

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    Blake thanks for the help I'll let you know when I've figure out the component placement. I do want to try to keep this mechanic friendly. In other words some time in the future when something wears out i want an ordinary golf cart mechanic to understand what he's looking at.

Leave a comment:

• blake80
    replied
    what size battery cables are going to run. i can get the welding cable at pretty good prices. just let me know what size and how much of it you want and ill get it on the way.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    some of you have seen this already but this is the shifter that's going in the cart.B&M with lock bar believe it will just be a matter of two micro switches, one for forward and one for reverse if i use a altrax 7245 controller
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; January 24, 2012, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coltf1991
    replied
    That thing is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    How about making it a AC cart? With the v-tech AC mod it works like a PDS EZGO the F/R is handled through the controller. Nothing to clutter up under the seat. No brushes in the motor. I like mine in the 04 PDS cart I have. It's about $2000.00 but I would think they would do better than that for the cause.
    I have there info if you would like it.

Man you have my head spinning about all the trick stuff you could do to this thing!

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    could you draw something up on that. i want this cart to be not only something some one will want to have but will be proud to have the motor spec as of know are 2hp @2800rpm
    Updated by dwon5; January 24, 2012, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andy4639
    replied
    I will talk to Robby over at PQ website and see if he will do the motor for you. He is always in on a good cause. Let me know what else I can do for the cause.

Just a idea here. I have been wanting to try.

Use the 5 solenoids for the F/R contactors. 2 for forward 2 for reverse. Then the 5th for main power one.
    I've been wanting to try this on a old C/C I have and just haven't gotten there yet.
    Updated by andy4639; January 24, 2012, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    replied
    to see what has been done to this cart check this thread "1976 club car caroche street rod"

Leave a comment:

• dwon5
    started a topic make-a-wish build

make-a-wish build

well it appears that I'm about to do it again. yep my 76 club car caroche street rod will become the next victim to be used to raise a ton of cash for the Make-A-Wish foundation. now it's time to re-engineer the entire drive system and bring it into this century the schematic is the stock drive electrics. the picture of the electronic is older but still just about the same i really do not know alot about increasing performance in electric vehicles. so basically the whole system will be gone/changing. the B&M shifter will replace the F/R switch that entire bank of solenoids will have to go. the motor will get tweaked. andy told me some thing about a controller with a half speed switch that sounded interesting. i want to have both 36 and 72 volt capability in the cart. if it looks fast then it's needs to be fast then it also needs front disc brake to go with the stock hydraulic rear drum brakes so if any has any advice on parts/ manufacturers or the components please let me know
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; January 24, 2012, 06:08 AM.
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X