My Workhorse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Workhorse

This is the old workhorse that I use when I don't need the advantages of a tractor. It gets me around the farm and woodland. It's been called the Popemobile for years while it was used at my father's farm so I'm keeping that name for it.
    Attached Files

that's a good loking cart
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Posted earlier by cesolo View Post
      It's been called the Popemobile for years while it was used at my father's farm so I'm keeping that name for it.
      nice!
      Regards

Comment

This workhorse had one of those covers on it when I piked it up. It was in bad shape so we trashed it. We did pick this one up for $200 because the cart shop owner couldn't get it to run. It has electric dump bed on it which worked great and most everything else was in fair shape. I spent about 10min working on it and had it running. The throttle linkages were seized up. But, once I got it running we put the allsport high five lift on it and the 27" swampers.
        Attached Files

Comment

Posted earlier by blake80 View Post
          It has electric dump bed on it which worked great
          How would I tell if it has electric dump? The head and tail lights don't even work on it so I've got some projects to do, but I can't find any way to dump the bed manually. I think it might be bolted to the cab. It would probably be a lot easier to access some areas if I could tilt that bed.

Comment

Cart shop owner? Couldnt get it running? A golf cart?

Comment

Posted earlier by cesolo View Post
              How would I tell if it has electric dump? The head and tail lights don't even work on it so I've got some projects to do, but I can't find any way to dump the bed manually. I think it might be bolted to the cab. It would probably be a lot easier to access some areas if I could tilt that bed.
              if its a manual lift bed, there is a lever on the front drivers side of the bed ususally just under the bed. if its a electric dump bed, there will be a toggle switch somewhere. if any thing, look under the bottom of the bed at the back, there will be something kinda like hinge, which will let you know if its a dump bed or not

Comment

Posted earlier by Coltf1991 View Post
                Cart shop owner? Couldnt get it running? A golf cart?
                one thing i learned is that alot of cart shops have parts changers not technicions that figure out what is wrong before they start swapping parts

Comment

My 97 workhorse,

And the way it came to me......

Comment

I'm starting to like these carts!
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!
                    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I wish a had a cab like cesolo's.

Comment

Posted earlier by essness View Post
                        those cabs are HEAVY

Comment

It must be a Northern thing about these cabs.........

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                            It must be a Northern thing about these cabs.........
                            Clearly. Would be real nice for heading out on the ice for the fishing derby's and possibly some plowing and such..........Put a little heater in the cab...... just dreamin

Comment

I'm not familiar with those cabs, do they just drop on and bolt up? Are they removable in the summer?
                              I remember the old ice fishing days when I lived in Canada, could have used one of those carts then.
                              BTW your cart is one of the nicest Workhorses I've ever seen.
                              The stance with the LT lift looks fantastic!
                              Updated by dougmcp; January 23, 2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

they do just bolt on, but its not a 5min job to take it on or off. its even a 2 person job

Comment

If I could find the right deal, I'd grab it. I have a lift on the garage cieling for dealing with those pesky things

Comment

I'm not familiar with those cabs, do they just drop on and bolt up? Are they removable in the summer?
                                    I remember the old ice fishing days when I lived in Canada, could have used one of those carts then.
                                    Thanks Doug.

Comment

If I could find the right deal, I'd grab it. I have a lift on the garage cieling for dealing with those pesky things
                                      i had one, but i trashed it

Comment

i had one, but i trashed it
                                        I really need to find one up here. The shipping from Georgia would kinda kill the deal.

Comment

Doug don't say that, he is going to let us all hear about that now!!!!
                                          His wife has a really nice one to!
                                          Hey essness, how about some pictures of the wifes cart!
                                          sigpic
                                          I'm here to help!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
                                            Doug don't say that, he is going to let us all hear about that now!!!!
                                            His wife has a really nice one to!
                                            Hey essness, how about some pictures of the wifes cart!
                                            Comeon Andy, you know what's mine is hers and what's her is hers

Comment

I know how that is. What I think is mine is only a 1/4 of mine after she gets done!
                                              sigpic
                                              I'm here to help!

Comment

My 97 workhorse,

And the way it came to me......
                                                Back when you first got it, the dump bed looked too BIG for the cart, now it looks too small! Awesome!
                                                Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                                                  Back when you first got it, the dump bed looked too BIG for the cart, now it looks too small! Awesome!
                                                  Thanks, I actually wanted it to look more proportional.

Comment

The cab just bolts on plus there's an electrical connection for the windshield wiper. The doors come off easily. Just open them wide and lift up. All that glass and steel is heavy, so I don't think it's easy to remove the cab. With just the doors off, you get good cooling but that lets the branches whack you in the face.

I think the cab also raises the CG so it can feel pretty tippy on side slopes. And it sure isn't gonna win any races. It would be a great machine for ice fishing. 5" - 6" of snow is about all it can handle.

Both front leaf springs broke last summer right where they clamp into the lifter. It was clear from the rust inside the breaks that they had been cracked for quite a while before they finally gave up. It was amazingly easy to install new ones.

Comment

if its a manual lift bed, there is a lever on the front drivers side of the bed ususally just under the bed. if its a electric dump bed, there will be a toggle switch somewhere. if any thing, look under the bottom of the bed at the back, there will be something kinda like hinge, which will let you know if its a dump bed or not
                                                      It does look like it has hinges at the back but I can't see a latch. Would this latch be accessed from under the seat? The cab may have covered it. I can look it over much closer tomorrow.

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                      X