Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok i need some seriouse help here

ok i picked up this golf cart and i dont know jack sh about golf carts
    and it didnt come with any thing no paper work nothing just charger and cart and 2 bad batteries supposable

if some one cant point me in the right direction to look id be appreciative

i got 6 batteries 8 volts says copper top on the side
    i looked for a serieal number under dash and couldnt find one

from what little i do know it came from a mercedes dealership had a flat tire and the people just let it sit and know its mine

any help can be appreciated

on the steering wheel it says zx with a clip board thingy attached if that helps any

I am not an electric guy but there are some really good ones here, so hang around or keep checking back. Someone will be able to guide you to some help.

Comment

From the way it looks, it seems to be based on a club car chassis. That is based on the seats and arm rests, charger plug location, and the way the roof mounts. Judging by the style of arm rests, it a late '90s to early 2000

Comment

Does the cart have the OBC on board to make the charger kick on?
        It should look like this are close to it. Mounted on the backside of batteries on drivers side. The main negative cable from battery to OBC to controller.

The charger has to have this in order for it to turn on. You can jumper it out but it want cut off.

You can buy this timer to make it work also.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Hey andy apon further inspection i did not see this unit or anything similiar to it at where you were describing

know if this is the case what does this thing do and how do i aquire one and what price am i looking at and do u think this will solve my not running issue

Comment

Well first lets try some things that want cost you any money.

Take a voltage reading off the charger plug on the cart. See what it's reading. If you have 36 volts then we can try to jumper the charger and see if it will bring the cart up to charge.
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!

Comment

Looks like a mongrel cart for sure. Definately 48v.

A voltmeter is your best friend on electric carts.

A charger will not charge if the voltage is too low. Like Andy said, you can jumper the charger to make it charge "below the minimum".

Should you have success charging the batteries, check voltages across each battery and post your results for us.

Comment

ok update thanks andy and all agian appreciate it weathers been lousy along with family issues i finally got a volt reading of 3.8

Comment

Posted earlier by profotoiam View Post
                  ok update thanks andy and all agian appreciate it weathers been lousy along with family issues i finally got a volt reading of 3.8
                  on the pack or 1 battery? Either way those batteries will be shot. To give you an idea a single battrey at 7.67 is at 10% and a pack(all batreries together) at 45 volts is 10%

Comment

You may as well throw them batteries in the truck and go buy new ones to start with my friend!
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!

Comment

is it a columbia?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X