Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking to change colors of my plastic top.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking to change colors of my plastic top.

Has anyone had any luck using Krylon Fusion? (SP?) Pictures would help.
    Right now its white and I would like to "Murder" my cart so I would be looking to paint it black or dark charcoal.
    Do you think it would fade quickly?

Also where are good supply websites for estras, ie wheels, seats, etc..

Thanks

Fusion works pretty good but any plastic really needs excellent prep work and constant touch up.

Comment

Use plastic adhesive/promoter prior to using the primer of your choice
      any auto parts store should have it . one spray can will cover the cart parts
      IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
      sigpic

Comment

I painted old top that use to be on my cart before my cage. I used adhesion promoter and good paint (dont remember which kind). It looked good but it just didnt want to stick. I heard from some where that factory tops won't let paint stick very well due to the type of plastic they used.

Comment

Go to and automotive paint store and get a quart of the color paint you want and then get the plasticizer additive for painting plastics such as cowling on cars. This makes the paint flexible. You still need to prep the plastic but it will make the finish last like a cars.

Comment

Whatever you decide on paint, do a basecoat/clearcoat. Clearcoat paints nowadays already has a UV protectant in it. No worries about fade.

Like the posts above, it's all in the prep work.

It's worth it to go as far as taking the top off and bringing it with you to the paint supply store and having the experts there help you out as far as which coatings to choose.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X