How To upgrade your electric v-glide Club Car from 36 volts to 48 volts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To upgrade your electric v-glide Club Car from 36 volts to 48 volts

If you have a 36 volt v-glide Club Car and looking for more power options and a greater top speed you should look into upgrading to 48 volts. The first thing you must find out is if the cart is a resistor car or if it has an electronic controller. Click here to find out!

The following things must be replaced when upgrading these carts.

Resistor Cart with 1 solenoid:
    1. Solenoid - Swap out the old solenoid and replace it with a heavy duty 48 volt.
    2. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    3. Battery Charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.
    You do not have to upgrade the motor.

Older Resistor Cart with 5 solenoids:
    1. Solenoids - Swap out all 5 of the solenoids and replace it with 48 volt solenoids.
    2. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    3. Battery Charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.

Electronic Control Cart:
    1. Electronic Controller - The old 36 volt controller must be replaced with a 400 amp controller rated at 48 volts.
    2. Solenoid - Swap out the old solenoid and replace it with a heavy duty 48 volt.
    3. Wires - Replace all wires with a #4 gage wire.
    4. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    5. Battery charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.
    Regards

how do i wire my batteries in a 48 volt club car

Comment

The same as 36. They go the same way.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by chztn3 View Post
        how do i wire my batteries in a 48 volt club car
        Look here for the battery wiring: Battery Wiring Layout

Comment

Thanks Mattie
          I was thinking of the question of up grading to 48 volt. What is the advantage? Thanks Ken

Comment

My old club car won't go. i just replaced all six batteries. it worked great the first run then I parked it and tried again and it clicks but won't go. I saw something about a V-glide but don't see one on my cart

Comment

I added 2 6 volt battery's in the bag well, tig welded a tray in. More run time and cheaper. Got a 4 12 volt battery charger and made 4 12 volt battery's by pairing 2 battery's together. Mounted it on board so all I have to do is plug it in. 100.00 per battery charger 125.00. Bought the pot and controller out of a junk 6 pass cart for 200.00 total 625.00

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X